Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of each. Both are 6" Royal Blue. They are also in the same shape. Given all that is either year worth more than the other? Im looking to pawn(sell) one to get another gun.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
No intrinsic difference between those two years except in general older is usually more desirable. Probably insignificant. Try selling one here with pix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Some of the buffing during that time period wasn't that great. If otherwise identical I would pick the one with the best polish.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,743 Posts
Pawning a valuable model like a Python will almost always bring far less then you could sell it for.

Options are to post a For Sale ad in this forums Classified section, or to find a local gun shop that does consignments.
For that, you simply tell the gun shop how much you want for the gun, they add a percentage for their profit, and if it sells they give you the amount your asked.
You have to be reasonable because if you ask too much it won't sell because of the added store profit.
Also, if it doesn't sell, to get it back you have to fill out the Federal form and get a background check just like if you were buying a gun.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
There is a difference in pawning and selling. If pawned you can go back and redeem your Python, but if sold it is gone. No pawn shop or gun shop will give you full value for your Python, so selling to an individual looking for a Python is your best option.

Was talking to one of the larger collector type guns dealer, and he indicated that with all the guns on the market now he was paying 60% of market value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts