Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a blued 6" barrel Python with factory packmayr grips with gold Colt medallion. The gun has the oringinal box model number 13660 stamped on it. The gun was made in 1980. Is this period correct, meaning mainly the factory colt packmayrs ?

·
Registered
715 Posts
I checked my 1980 catalog and it lists checkered walnut stocks as the only stocks available on the Python that year. Like dfariswheel said, Colt/Pachmayrs came standard on stainless steel Pythons a few years later.

I would suspect the Pachmayrs are not period correct for your 1980 vintage gun.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, would the fact of not having the wood grips verses having colt pachmayrs detract from the overall value of the gun ? Other than the code number I see no where on the box where it states the grip option.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
It's not so much a matter of what the box says. It's a matter of an informed buyer knowing the vintage of the gun and knowing what the original stocks should have been. Since correct stocks are selling on EBay, for example, for $150 plus, it would take at least that much for someone to make the package original and I would expect the value to be reduced by that much with respect to a comparable gun with correct stocks. It would be for me. JMO /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts