Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own and carry a colt 1991 series commander and would like to put some night sights on it. I want the trijicon bright and tough night sights but I am not sure which ones I need.
CA01: Colt 3 Dot Green Front & Green Rear Night Sights w/ .125 Tang

or

CA10: Colt 3 Dot Green Front & Green Rear Night Sights

If anyone has any experience with this I would appreciate any help you can give me!

Thanks,
Dart

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
I can't really help you with which is the best for your Colt, but I've put Trijicon night sights on several handguns...H&K's and a Glock over twenty years ago and the tritium still works...not as bright as they used to be but they can still be seen. I'm a big fan of tritium sights.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,997 Posts
You'll need the CA10 which are made for the Commander size Colt's.
The Commander uses a higher front sight because of the shorter barrel and slide.

Unless you have the correct staking tooling for the front sight, and a proper rear sight press tool, you'd be smart to have installation done by an expert who does have the correct tools.
Night sights are easily damaged by the normal installation techniques.

I'd contact Trijiicon and ask if they do installation.
If so, they'd offer a guarantee that the installation would be done right with no loosening of an improperly staked front sight as often happens with incorrect installation..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'll need the CA10 which are made for the Commander size Colt's.
The Commander uses a higher front sight because of the shorter barrel and slide.

Unless you have the correct staking tooling for the front sight, and a proper rear sight press tool, you'd be smart to have installation done by an expert who does have the correct tools.
Night sights are easily damaged by the normal installation techniques.

I'd contact Trijiicon and ask if they do installation.
If so, they'd offer a guarantee that the installation would be done right with no loosening of an improperly staked front sight as often happens with incorrect installation..

Thank you for the feedback. I just could not figure it out because the trijicon website did not say if the sights were different for the 1991 commander and government models like it does for the compact 1991.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts