Colt Forum banner

1993 Colt KC Enchanced - Letter marking on transfer bar!?

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  dfariswheel 
#1 ·
I have searched and searched the forum but can't find an answer...:bang_wall:

In short there is an "R" marked onto the transfer bar of my KC 6". It's one of the enhanced models if that info helps. Hopefully this isn't a huge debby downer, but I can't find any other mention of this mark and its got me thinking bad thoughts. Any suggestions? I am hoping this is normal and not a rework or aftermarket transfer bar.

See less See more
#5 ·
Well, just for kicks I went and pulled mine out. It's a 6'' also. I think it's the enhanced model and it's got the 'R' just like the OP's. I've no idea what year mine is from but # is K5383x. The second digit looks like an 'S' but I think it's supposed to be a '5'.

#14 ·
I am going to place another call Monday to Colt and see if I can get there opinion. When I get a response I will let you all know. The customer service representative I spoke with today tried to connect me to the individual in another department that she believed would know the correct answer but it was 10 minutes before close and that individual had already left.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.