Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
In 1998, I purchased two stainless steel 1911s, a Colt Custom Government, Model – 01070EUCC and a Colt Custom Commander Model 04012EUCC. I’ve just recently decided to put these up for sale, and a friend told me that there were only 220 of each model manufactured. He suggested that I post here on this site for information on them.

When I purchased these, I just wanted one of each for range guns, and was unaware that they were a limited run. I ended up not shooting them much - only a couple of boxes through each one, and I kept them meticulously clean.

Does anyone know anything about these models, what they might be worth, and where I should place them for sale?

I thank you in advance.

NH1911

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, that's the same model number. I wish I had known that they were of a run of only 220 - at the time, I just wanted a couple of Colt 1911s. I wouldn't have shot them had I known. In this case, ignorance isn't bliss.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi NH1911,,,welcome to the forum.

Is this the commander?

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/want-sell/39404-colt-custom-combat-commander-model-04012eucc-limited-run-220-made-1998-a.html

A
lso, you won't be able to utilize the classified section here until you have sufficient posts in the forum.
If this is the item, the piece is very similar to the original XS model, with the exception of the ribbed slide and the lack of a second set of slide serrations toward the muzzle. Same sights, same grip safety, same enhanced frame, same grips as the XS.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Yes, that's the same model number. I wish I had known that they were of a run of only 220 - at the time, I just wanted a couple of Colt 1911s. I wouldn't have shot them had I known. In this case, ignorance isn't bliss.

Thanks for the reply.
NH1911,

If you reread the post I linked…I believe the OP corrected his original statement about it being one of 220…if I read it correctly. But I could be wrong….
He hasn't posted since 2012 so we can't ask him for an explanation…hope this helps.

"Removed. NOT A LIMITED RUN OF 220, but still a custom shop gun."

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Folks,
In 1998, I purchased two stainless steel 1911s, a Colt Custom Government, Model – 01070EUCC and a Colt Custom Commander Model 04012EUCC. I’ve just recently decided to put these up for sale, and a friend told me that there were only 220 of each model manufactured. He suggested that I post here on this site for information on them.

When I purchased these, I just wanted one of each for range guns, and was unaware that they were a limited run. I ended up not shooting them much - only a couple of boxes through each one, and I kept them meticulously clean.

Does anyone know anything about these models, what they might be worth, and where I should place them for sale?

I thank you in advance.

NH1911
Welcome to the forum (first post is often in the intro section). Please be mindful of the very few forum rules that one agrees to when signing up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.