Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my new 3rd issue DS to the range and enjoyed it. One problem I kept having, however, is that when I was trying to eject the cases, one would always get blocked by the top of the wood grip (which I believe are the orginials). I'd have to shake or tap that case for it to fall out. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
I thought you would get some responses. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif There are occasional comments about interference with speed loaders and that would seem to fall in the same category. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Premium Member
9,471 Posts
Since no one else has offered the solution, I will.

Open the cylinder and take a large screwdriver and bend the cylinder away from the frame far enough for the empty cases to clear the stocks when ejected. That is the only known solution to the oversized factory stocks interfering with ejection.

Or you could just live with it or replace the factory stocks with aftermarket stocks or earlier, smaller factory stocks. Tilting the revolver to the left with the muzzle pointing up when ejecting will also help.

Increasing the mass and size of the classic Detective Special in 1972 by adding the shrouded ejector rod and over-size "combat" stocks was a mistake in my opinion. Interference with ejection was just one of the consequences.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Blade, make sure you have the gun pointing straight down, then give the cylinder a bit of a turn left and right. Those spent brass cartridges will fall. It is more a case of learning a knack than a problem.

You will get used to it, and will develop the right moves to make it go away (your problem, that is).

·
Registered
55 Posts
BEND THE CYLINDER YOKE??? Judge, what are you saying?

Aren't you the one who recently advised changing the lateral impact by banging the barrel until it bends a little? How many guns have you bubba'd to death?

Bart Noir

1 - 6 of 6 Posts