Colt Forum banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Colt SA 3840, its serial number brings it in at 1906. how can I find out more about it.. thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I recommend that you obtain a factory letter from Colt. This will tell you when and where it was shipped, and provide the original configuration (barrel length, type of grips, etc.). I also suggest that you carefully review the information available on this forum about .38-40 caliber Colt SAA revolvers. If you post some good quality photos, some of the experts who frequent this site may be able to tell you if it is in original condition or not, as well as its approximate value. Good luck learning more about your 1st Generation Colt SAA revolver.

Rusty Edwards

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recommend that you obtain a factory letter from Colt. This will tell you when and where it was shipped, and provide the original configuration (barrel length, type of grips, etc.). I also suggest that you carefully review the information available on this forum about .38-40 caliber Colt SAA revolvers. If you post some good quality photos, some of the experts who frequent this site may be able to tell you if it is in original condition or not, as well as its approximate value. Good luck learning more about your 1st Generation Colt SAA revolver.

Rusty Edwards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you, I appreciate the advice and will do just that and post photos of it here. its in such good condition the serial number on it kinda threw me. thank you again .

101 - 104 of 104 Posts