Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 1932 Detective Special over the weekend. But need help on where I can find the Cylinder Crane Lock and Screw. Gunparts list the lock but an asterick is by the part number and I don't know yet if it's available. I looked at Poppert's but no listing of this gun. It's all I need to put it back in shooting order. Seems to be in perfect order as far as timing, internal parts all there and in excellent shape. Finish has wear I'd grade it 90%. Can't wait to shoot it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I believe you are talking about the crane lock detent, spring and screw shown as parts 7, 8 and 9 (not necessarily that order) in the Gun Parts DS schematic. When I select them and get price/purchase screens, they all show as available. When they are not, there is an out of stock notation. Have fun. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info but this 1st. issue frame uses the same cylinder crane lock as the Police Positive Special. It's two pieces a lock (solid steel 1 piece) and a screw. I have a 1925 Police Positive in 32/20 that has the same lock style. I need the lock.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
OK, if you're talking about Gun Parts part # 201230, it still shows as available. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats it but the asterick had me concerned it was not available. Thanks for the help A1A. I'm patiently waiting for these parts to arrive. The one in my 32/20 is a little oversize for the .38 so I can't place it in enough to shoot it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts