Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ace 2648 032.JPG ace 2648 035.JPG
While cruising the aisles in Tulsa Friday, I stopped to check out a mint 1st series woodsman sport in the original box. This Ace was in a gun sock sitting on top of the woodsman box. Someone behind the table suggested I ask what was in the gun sock. This first year Ace is in as near new condition as can be found. It shows no wear. Any flaw seen is the result of my inability to take a good picture.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
WOW! I still don't understand how a pistol like your made in 1931 survives in such pristine condition. Although I treat my Aces well they are all shot. I might be afraid to shoot one like yours.
Not to be a pain / instigator, but the previous owners / caretakers of this Ace didn't have the "A gun is made to shoot" mentality is exactly how it survived in this condition.

Fantastic example! Thanks for sharing, congrats and great score!!

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
That does not help. Just looking to see if the dealer I ran into last week at gun show was overprice or on target.
I know it doesn't help and I tried to be a bit diplomatic in my first response. I am not inclined to tell what I paid or ask others what they paid. It is not their business nor mine to ask. If you want to find out if he was overpriced do some research.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I saw one at Saturdays Gun Show here. Guy wanted $3800. Is that the going rate for these guns? The one I saw was clean but not as clean as Randy's.
At auction, I would expect Randy's gun to bring quite a bit more than $3800. Obviously, without knowing what that other gun was - or it's condition... that's about the best answer you will likely get.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts