Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
That's an excellent looking first year package. The only thing missing is the outer box sleeve. This is where the matching serial number would have been written. I had a large collection of these but sold them a few years ago...

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
If Scott really wanted the outer sleeve our "friend" in Sparta probably has the original sleeve for him. :eek:

·
Registered
737 Posts
You have an almost complete package with that one. As they say: find another one in that shape. That is a beautiful set up. I would keep it also. I don't think I would even shoot it if it were mine. It looks like it doesn't even have a cylinder turn line. Thanks for showing.

·
Registered
2021 Python 6”, 2021 Anaconda 6”, 2021 King Cobra Carry 2”
12 Posts
Out of curiosity, what were you asking for it? I’ve only ever seen 2 in person. The one my father and I owned in 4” and a 6” one with some wear currently at a lgs near me.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I have a mint one as well, but I didn’t know these even had outer sleeves like the latter colts did. Could someone post a picture of what these look like?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Very nice revolver, thanks for posting. It looks a lot like an Officers Model Match from the same time period, except for the caliber and the sights are a little different.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
"I have a mint one as well, but I didn’t know these even had outer sleeves like the latter colts did. Could someone post a picture of what these look like?"

I can't seem to locate a photo of one. They were just an off-white 4 sided cardboard sleeve with open ends. The serial number was then written in pencil on the underside of the sleeve. These were only used with the "Leatherette" style boxes. They're VERY hard to locate as they were discarded 99% of the time...

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Snake..I can imagine! I haven’t seen one! I’m really curious now.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You have an almost complete package with that one. As they say: find another one in that shape. That is a beautiful set up. I would keep it also. I don't think I would even shoot it if it were mine. It looks like it doesn't even have a cylinder turn line. Thanks for showing.
If it hasn't been shot in the last 67 years, I won't be shooting it now. I've got plenty of good shooters at far less the price. :)

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Here's one I recently took to sell at the CCA convention. I was really surprised it didn't go home with someone else, based on its condition. Anyway, after photographing it, I think I've decided to keep it! I'm just a real sucker when it comes to minty revolvers complete with all the goodies. :)

That's a real beauty. I saw it on your sales list, and it peaked my curiosity. I think you're wise to keep it.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Here are pictures of the outer sleeve for my Colt 357 Serial #6981. Similar to the sleeves that other guns of that period had and the reason that Colt boxes of that time did not have serial numbers on them... they were on the plain cardboard sleeve that almost always seemed to be thrown away. Note the condition of the Colt 357 Box that has always been in the sleeve. And yes,the 357 is in similar condition. Jackson

Rectangle Office equipment Font Gadget Material property

Gadget Font Rectangle Metal Auto part
Brown Rectangle Gold Wood Material property
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

1 - 20 of 36 Posts