Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 1/2\" King Cobra?????????

Did Colt ever make a 2 1/2" King Cobra??? I sure would like a snubby King Cobra to go along with my 2 1/2" Python. If they made 2 1/2" bbls only, I would get one as I can pick up 4" King Cobras real cheap and have it rebarreled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated from a newby to this site.

MadDog

·
Registered
794 Posts
Re: 2 1/2\" King Cobra?????????

Hello MadDog and welcome to the forum!

You are in luck, as Colt did make several short barrel versions of the King Cobra. besides the normal blued and stainless versions, the 2 others that I am aware of are the King Cobra CCL and the Combat Cobra. All are beautiful guns and well made. The Combat Cobra is SS and the CCL is high polished blue.

If you search some of the old posts I think you will find some discussion on this topic.

Also, I'm sure that if you ask nicely, Majic will be kind enough top post a picture of his gorgeous Lew Horton Combat Cobra. He knows he's the only one around here who has one and he loves showing it and tormenting others like me who want one too! (I mean that in a good way Majic.)

·
Registered
794 Posts

Very nice. That's right, I remember that now. I'm sorry Jeff I forgot you had a pretty nice one yourself. Thanks for the photo.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts

Here's my old Blue King Cobra.
It sure was not easy to find. The snubbies are just not that easy to come by. Colt did make them however.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
9 Posts

I have a used stainless 2.5" King Cobra that is not a Combat Cobra.

It cleaned up real nice with Mothers and now has a nice shine. I found a spare hammer on Gunbroker and then had a gunsmith bob the hammer for me. Now it's my favorite carry gun in a Galco Speedmaster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts