Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt Python 2.5 2 1/2 NIB Nickel MINT, MINT, MINT : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

Got excited when I found this Python on GB. Been looking to buy one for a while.
I emailed, asked for pictures of the stocks and questioned whether the Colt mediallions were gold or silver. 2 days later no response. Also looked closely at the test target-appears the target Sn is different than the gun? Not disclosed. The number on the bottom of the box also seems a little iffy to me. If the box number was the only problem I could get over it.
The suggestion that the Python may never have been test fired also troubled me. Didn't ask if a 3 day inspection is offered.
Based on the above I decided this one is not for me, will keep looking for a boxed example with paperwork including the original test target.
Tom

·
Registered
184 Posts
Also, a close look at photo #11 shows a turn line on the cylinder and a drag mark into the lock notch. Whats up with that? Also e-mailed to see how you get a test target without test firing the gun. No response yet! Also, don't these boxes provide a pad to support the grip frame with service style grips? I'll be interested what his reserve is if it is reached.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Zoomed in on the cylinder face and looks like, though cleaned, has faint evidence of being fired. That and the stock medallions PLUS the fact your emails have gone unanswered are all indications of an uninformed (being polite here) seller and bogus revolver. No way would I pay that kind of money on a potential misrepresented 2 1/2 incher. Back away from the auction.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
The Last Nickel 2 1/2" Python in the box I bid $3350 and lost it. This one I am not bidding on. 'nuff said.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
I bought mine NIB in january 1971. It was half price on a sale jack first had when he was in lancaster california. $165s! In the picture my medalions also "look" silver but they are gold!

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Here is another picture of mine. You can see that it looks more gold than silver. I wouldnt doubt the one on gun broker could be gold.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
It does, Mtn spur, but so does mine look silver in some pictures but when you have it in the hand its gold. However even mine in the hand doesnt look bright gold. I have several pythons and belive the metal may be gold washed or whatever and I belive the plateing on some to be thin and not show up as well as others. I have a couple troopers with the silver and about 4 gold grips includeing the rubber pachmyers for the python and the shades of gold do vary on them. My 2 1/2" python is the lightest gold of them all, and I can belive that the python in the add might also have the lighter wash to them and that along with bad a unprofessional photo could make it look silver or nickle. My dont stand out well either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts