Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I ran across a Python at my favorite gun store. I've wanted a Python for a while but never bit on one until today. I placed it in layaway to tie it up.
No pictures yet but It is blued 2.5 inch ser.29xxx, 1963 I think, in good condition, blueing is good with no rust but some minor scratches, not bad ones, and it has the service grips in good shape. Probably a nightstand gun or something like that. The action feels like it should.I gave $1289 OTD for this thing. With this limited info I was wondering if anyone would or could give me an opinion on this deal.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
These days, a Python bought for that kind of money is a steal.
That'd make you a thief.
A Python thief.
I'm thinkin'I woulda snapped that thing up in a heartbeat if I was hot for a Python.
Can't really speak for others, but methinks anyone might do likewise.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Man you are getting glued and tattooed. We can't let that happen to another "Junior". I have already been taken advantage of also.
You call that store and tell them, "No way". Send me the address and I will go by and cuss them out for you!!! Tomorrow!!

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Great buy. Please post pictures when you get it.

Reactions: fletre

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Just the pistol I was looking for. Congratulations and hold on to that thing as long as you can. If current conditions are any indicator that thing is going to wind up being priceless (p.s. I would still shoot the snot out of it)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts