Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to look at a 2.5" SS King cobra tomorrow. How rare is this model? Is this more/less rare than the 2"? I've never seen one of these in person and I'm excited to learn more about them. How do they value compared to the more typical 4/6/8" versions? Thanks guys....

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
A snubby KC will be worth more than the regular length KC's. Don't be shocked when you see that the roll stamp markings on the barrel are a lot smaller.

As for rarity, I have only seen 1 snubby KC ... and a hundred or so regular KC's.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As for rarity, I have only seen 1 snubby KC ... and a hundred or so regular KC's.
Well that is one more than I've seen... :) I didnt even know they existed until a friend told me that his uncle had one for sale! I might have to take this one home! What would be a ballpark value for a nice shooter condition with no box/papers?? Thanks....

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
They are not easy to find in my "neck of the woods". Snubbie + Snake + Stainless = $$$$$$ ($2.5K sounds about right, at least in Cali)

Took me forever to find mine and I'm still hunting for a KC snubbie in BLUE

If its anywhere decent in condition and cost, I would pick it up.

·
Registered
800 Posts
They are not easy to find in my "neck of the woods". Snubbie + Snake + Stainless = $$$$$$ ($2.5K sounds about right, at least in Cali)Took me forever to find mine and I'm still hunting for a KC snubbie in BLUEIf its anywhere decent in condition and cost, I would pick it up.
They don't come up for sale often. Took a while to get mine ;)

·
Registered
893 Posts
They do exists. I was fortunate enough to run across one 2 years ago and could not get my money out of my pocket fast enough. Came with the original box but no papers. I bought a set of wooden grips from mafd2 which IMHO really dressed it up. These are worth $2500 if you can find one. And I am in the same boat as aircraftman. I need a 2 1/2 inch blue to finish out my blue KC collection.

"Don't be shocked when you see that the roll stamp markings on the barrel are a lot smaller."

And they dropped the cobra head between the king and the cobra.

For your viewing pleasure:
Gun Revolver Starting pistol Airsoft gun Trigger
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

·
Registered
115 Posts
They do exists. I was fortunate enough to run across one 2 years ago and could not get my money out of my pocket fast enough. Came with the original box but no papers. I bought a set of wooden grips from mafd2 which IMHO really dressed it up. These are worth $2500 if you can find one. And I am in the same boat as aircraftman. I need a 2 1/2 inch blue to finish out my blue KC collection.

For your viewing pleasure:
View attachment 49871 View attachment 49872 View attachment 49873
Now that is a find right there!!! Let me know when you thin your collection of the undesirables and I'll drive on over.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi fellas. Joined this forum today as I have a 2.5 King Cobra, stainless, that I bought new in the 80's. Was thinking of selling it to finance a rifle purchase, but had idea no idea as to price, but figured it probably was a bit more than the $350 I bought it for. Gun has been shot under 20 times, and sitting in it's factory box for years, basically the only wear in a slight ring around cylinder. Ballpark price is $2500? I have the box and hangtag, and believe the owners manual is in another box, but unsure about that. Looking for advise on whether to keep....will it continue to appreciate, or sell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.