Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All

First of all, I know some of you are not going to believe this. Also I "WILL" post a picture as soon I figure out how or get one of the members to post it for me.

On Fathers Day my son gives me a Fathers Day present of a unknown pistol in a Gun Boot. When I open it I find a Colt Bisley 32/20, 1903, 4 3/4 barrel, shooting condition (I would consider it GOOD +), exelent bore and only missing the original Left grip. It had a homemade wood replacement. Now I need a Left grip for a Bisley----Hint--Hint.

Now as a Father I know he did not have the money to buy it for me. So I offered to pay half of what-ever the price was--with no luck. So after hours of pressing him about it he says "Dad I only paid $20 for it at a Garage Sale" !!!! I did not believe it untill his wife said "Yep Dad thats all he paid"! He bought six guns for $60 and the lady threw a old Doubble barrel in for free.

$20.00 for a good shootable Colt Bisley---They are still out there guys!

He also got a 1910 Savage .32 auto for $20 in the bunch of guns!

Ronin

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Richard, i hope he didn't buy those in houston, because if he did, i'll be kicking myself for not being at that garage sale.
all i got saturday was a $10 mower. :p

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
Great story, now you can never sell the gun. Finding a original stock may take some work, ebay might be a start. Finding a replacement set is easy. Please post a pic when you can. That savage 32 sounds like a fun shooter also.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Sounds like you've got a great kid with a good eye and willingness to do some haggeling,le'em know great job and find from all the colt forum members

·
Premium Member
4,666 Posts
You didn't say what year this happened. Was it 1965? Seriously, what a great buy. Wish I could find deals like that around here. In my area, garage sales consist of maternity clothes, broken appliances, bald tires, and boxes of VHS movies...:bang_wall:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
You didn't say what year this happened. Was it 1965? Seriously, what a great buy. Wish I could find deals like that around here. In my area, garage sales consist of maternity clothes, broken appliances, bald tires, and boxes of VHS movies...:bang_wall:
Hold on there chaffee,now thats gonna all depend on the quality and material of the VHS movies:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
A decent grip panel will cost more than the gun did! I got my .32 Bisley last year for $500. Boy, did i get ripped off. Actually, your son probably paid close to what it sold for new. Who says Colt's don't retain their value. I can't wait until you post a picture of it.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
They must be all in Texas! One of my buddies called me a couple of weeks ago and told me to come over to his house, he had something to show me. He had been to a local garage sale and brought home a Colt Woodsman, a Spanish copy of a 38 S&W HE, a bolt action Winchester 22, and a single shot 20 ga H&R shotgun that he bought for $20 for the lot!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Tell ya what, since you are on the Colt Forum I consider you my friend, even tho we never met. I will TRIPLE your money! thats right, just tell me where to send the $60 to and I'll email you my FFL's shipping address!!
Seriously, all I ever find are kids toys and dresses. I stopped going to garage sales a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
That's it, that's the last straw. I'm moving to Texas first thing in the morning.

Bud

They must be all in Texas! One of my buddies called me a couple of weeks ago and told me to come over to his house, he had something to show me. He had been to a local garage sale and brought home a Colt Woodsman, a Spanish copy of a 38 S&W HE, a bolt action Winchester 22, and a single shot 20 ga H&R shotgun that he bought for $20 for the lot!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well that is great and I would hang on to it forever. I got my first 1st Gen the other day for 450 OTD, I am just north of Texas!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts