Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an fyi .

I can confirm that Colt is still manufacturing the SAA in 2017 . The TALO group has 2 models being produced . Some have been shipped recently .

P1840LCB Colt Last Cowboy 1 of 300 ? TALO Distributors Inc

I've seen these listed in 32-20 , 38 Spl and 38-40 . Possibly other calibers are involved but I haven't seen them listed .
Classic Caliber P1550Z 32.20 1 of 50 ? TALO Distributors Inc

Also I've observed dealer cost has been increased by about 10-15% on standard bl/cc and nickel .

·
Registered
291 Posts
This gives me hope :) Talo, if you can hear me, please order a bunch of variations of the acid etched Colt Frontier Six Shooter in all barrel lengths and black powder frame!!!

·
Administrator
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We're I a consumer I wouldn't pay over suggested retail . The Classic is right at $2k .

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
We're I a consumer I wouldn't pay over suggested retail . The Classic is right at $2k .
Exaclty, thus the question as to how to deal with a brick and mortar shop where one can inspect the gun......alas I fear one of these current models will stay unattainable. The newest SAA I have is from 2014......would like a newer version just to experiment the purchase but not at the marked up rates on GA.

·
Administrator
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Because production is so low , the smaller dealer most likely won't see one and it'll be a challenge for the larger ones . They'll most likely be allocated to only larger accts due to the scarcity . Just my opinion though .

Reactions: SnakeGunner

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
My dealer actually has a .38 special and I have one she is holding until I pay for another converted .38 special 1st generations. Here is a photo of the one I have saved in .38-40. I thought it was the nicer than the .38 special

Colt .38-40 Left.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts