Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently saw this guy in a local police officer shop and had wanted one for a couple years. Figured I should bite. My thought was that the rifle had been sitting in there shop for a long time since I cannot find them for sale anywhere else in the country. I asked the store clerk if it had been there a while and he informed me that they got 10 last month and this was the last one.

Under the hand guard it is clearly marked 02/20 as a born on date. Super happy with this thing and can’t wait to shoot her!

Here are some pics!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Now wait just a minute. I heard from a guy who heard from his FedEx guy who talked to the guys at a gunshop and he said that Colt stopped making ARs in order to focus manufacturing space on their American flag burning kits which are provided for free to communists in Mexico.

·
Registered
587 Posts
They are still being sold to LEO. There is a process to go through though. If Colt finds out that this is a shill and selling to the general public not LEO only then they may find it hard to acquire any more product.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Nice find, congrats, hope you didn't pay too much for it.

I would also like to have a new A4 rifle but I'll just wait until they become available again with reasonable prices.

I currently have a Colt A2 rifle with a USGI M-16A2 Colt never issued made in the '80s upper half which I use mainly for iron sight practice.

·
Registered
9,317 Posts
That's a very good price. They're not even legal in Marylandstan. When I see them in PA or elsewhere they're always $1150 or higher.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I paid $936 plus tax. I felt like that was a good price
You did good. I paid $999 for mine back in 2018. They typically go for $1100.00+ on Gun Broker.

Colt makes the AR-15A4's a few times a year so you will find several on the market and then they dry up for a while. If a guy is in the market, he just has to be patient until they do another batch. This is true for all of their rifles for the most part. You can get the current SOCOM (2018 specification) at the $1500 retail price if you wait for a run to be released.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts