Colt Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks Spurbitten for a highly informative and detailed review. It makes me want to start searching for a new 2020 Python to add to my recently purchased King Cobra Target model.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I wonder, since some of you have both 2020 and older Pythons, has anyone tried the Fiocchi, or other problematic ammo, in your older Python/s? Or maybe in your old V-spring Trooper or 3 5 7 models to determine if there are any issues with light primer strikes in those guns?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wouldn't you know it, I just bought a case of Fiocchi 125gr JSP to shoot through my new Python, so I guess I'll know soon enough.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I wonder, since some of you have both 2020 and older Pythons, has anyone tried the Fiocchi, or other problematic ammo, in your older Python/s? Or maybe in your old V-spring Trooper or 3 5 7 models to determine if there are any issues with light primer strikes in those guns?
never had any issues with running Fiocchi on the older Python. In Fact, I don't recall ever having a light primer strike with any ammo with my older Python.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Spurbitten, Thanks for your response. If I come across some Fiocchi locally, I'm going to try it in my old 3 5 7 model and some other revolvers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The REAL issue in the room is the lack of customer service from Colt. As someone on another thread mentioned, it’s usually a multi-day slog to get through to any living human on the phone with them. My 2020 Python has been with them for 5 weeks, and while I’m not too upset at the length of time, I am upset that I haven’t so much as received a quick email letting me know the gun arrived at the factory or anything at all. Nothing in the mail, no calls, nothing. Last time I called the answering machine literally said all phone lines had shut down for the day to answer the rest of people waiting on hold in the queue. This was at approx. 2:30 PM Connecticut time. That means they expected someone to wait over 2 hours on hold with them...

I can’t think of any other gun company where this would be acceptable. I’m sure to here a whole line of excuses from the fanboys and apologists, but my issue with this is not exclusive to myself. So many have experienced this with Colt in recent years. Horror stories about months going buy with no news etc.

It’s unacceptable.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts