Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Colt Python and noticed the front of the cylinder had the chambers chamfered. All my other colts have a sharp edge with now chamfering. Is this something new Colt is doing to their revolvers? Is there a purpose for this chamfering of the chambers? Please see attached picture.

Thanks,
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Finger Cosmetics

·
Registered
11,256 Posts
I checked both my 2020 Pythons and neither has chamfering like that...at least it's pretty mild if at all. I'm guessing it was done as a cleanup of the chamber face to eliminate machining marks.

Reactions: WVCOLT

·
Registered
71 Posts
Breaking a sharp edge is a form of stress relief. Cracks form in the thinnest sections of a right angle then spread from there. But, it's more than likely that Colt is sourcing these parts from a different vendor and there are slight, unimportant, differences in manufacturing.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hmm, I've never seen the charge holes on the cylinder face chamfered, the charge holes on the back of the cylinder are often chamfered to help with rapid reloading.
Interesting.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I recently purchased a new Colt Anadonda and it's also chamfered but not as much as the new Colt Python.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts