Colt Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I walked into my local gunshop in Topeka KS and they had one each of the 6" and the 4.25". I said I'll take them both. Guess I won't be eating for a while.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Congrats! I have yet to see any new Python in a retail setting here. If it wasn't for finding a distributor back in January I'd still be panting for one.

Reactions: Kraaaken

·
Registered
273 Posts
Only new Python I know of coming into any shops around here was immediately listed on a gun auction, never got anywhere near the display case.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Fwiw,the blue s&w forum has a 4.25 nib for sale $1995 obo.
Don't know the seller but it is in Texas

·
Registered
86 Posts
I agree that who ever posses these guns is totally within their right to charge whatever they want for them. I am also totally within my right to pass it up too! As I stated in my first post, it just tells me who I don't want to give my business to! I wouldn't pay anything over MSRP and my patience paid off when I took a 4.25" Python home for $1497 total.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got an email from Hinterland Outfitters, saying the 2020 Python 6" model is back in stock. I went to their website and it's available BUT the price is $2,299. Wow, what a deal ... $800 over Colt's published MSRP. I sent them an email telling them "No thanks". I guess Hinterland Outfitters has adopted the pricing model of other price gouging retailers.
I gave up on Colt... Will buy a TIKKA sniper rifle instead for the same price as Python MSRP.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I just grabbed a 6" in CA for $1,700.00 and pick up next week. Not yet "CA legal" but got it via "Single Action Exemption". I have a set of newly made Deer Hollow late '60's sytle Python grips ready to go.

Also bought a ANIB S&W 940 - expensive little visit, it was .... :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting that Dfletcher got one in CA with a single shot exemption, I thought that avenue was closed.
Double action revolvers that are converted to single action are still exempt from the CA roster, which is how people were previously getting the new ones into the state.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I was in a LGS just yesterday and they actually had a 6 inch in the display case for $1.5K. They said they had gotten several in but all in 6 inch. A little over a month ago they got several in which were all 4.25 inch and they were selling those for $1.5K also.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Sportsmans Warehouse had both 4.25, and 6" in stock a couple of days ago at msrp. I ordered a 6". I checked today, and they are sold out again.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Interesting that Dfletcher got one in CA with a single shot exemption, I thought that avenue was closed.

Single Action Exemption, which is still in effect, and is applied to revolvers. Not Single Shot, which generally applied to semi-auto. Correct that the SSE ended a few years back, unfortunately. :(

21 - 33 of 33 Posts