Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot see the orange on the front sight well in full sun (which it always is, shooting in desert) and my rear sight is super loose piece of crap.

I'd love to upgrade these sights to fiber optic or something... I saw forum posts here asking about this a while ago, so i'm just wondering if there have been any updates, or maybe someone knows a gunsmith that can do this for me.

T.I.A.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You can buy new front sights online at brownells (although they’re rarely in stock). Just search “Cobra/Python front sight”. The new Cobras, King Cobras, Pythons and Anacondas all have interchangeable front sights that are easily swapped with a .050” Allen wrench. No rear sight replacements that I know of at the moment. Have you locked down the set screw on top of the rear sight? It’s a small .050” Allen screw.

·
Registered
11,256 Posts
You can use the fiber optic, tritium or brass dot front sight that also fits the Cobra, King Cobra and Anaconda. You'll probably need to put yourself on a notification list with either Brownell's or MidwayUSA for when the parts are in stock...then move quick to order what you want.

Reactions: sublimert70

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Welcome to the COLT Forum from the Cradle Of Liberty...Pennsylvania !!

Enjoy Our Community Sir...and I concur with what has been opined by the gents above.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can buy new front sights online at brownells (although they’re rarely in stock). Just search “Cobra/Python front sight”. The new Cobras, King Cobras, Pythons and Anacondas all have interchangeable front sights that are easily swapped with a .050” Allen wrench. No rear sight replacements that I know of at the moment. Have you locked down the set screw on top of the rear sight? It’s a small .050” Allen screw.
thank you for the updates! yeah i did all that crap, using beer can to fix the rear sight... just makes me angry that i paid so much for this thing, and i needed to fix it with a beer can.

i am on the notify list for the brownells front sight, but they seem to all go before i get a chance to buy :( i didn't know if someone found another mfgr that supplies them. Ideally i'd have matching rear sight too

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
How much different are the Colt sights from the Dan Wesson fronts? Could a DW sight be altered to fit? If so, there are fiber optic, patridge blades (excellent in bright light) of various heights and OEM colored sights from EWK Arms. Just a thought.

Reactions: weagle99

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Check with “RevolverGuy38”

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Let us hope the CZ is all over the sight situation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had hopes that Bowen would produce a Rough Country rear sight for the Python. I contacted the shop last year, prior to the release of the Anaconda, and Mr. Bowen replied personally, stating that there were no plans to offer one. I don’t know if the Python and Anaconda share the same rear sight, but if they do, and there was enough interest, perhaps Bowen could be persuaded to offer one…..

·
Registered
11,256 Posts
All the new Colt double-action revolvers share the same adjustable sight...and the same front sights as well. For an aftermarket company to produce a rear sight they have to believe not only is there sufficient Colt revolvers sold and will be sold on a continuing basis...but there's enough potential buyers of a new sight to justify the R&D costs to service such a likely small market.

I'm guessing no aftermarket company will commit to such an endeavor and are taking a "wait and see" attitude before making any solid decision.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts