Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Anaconda, 8 inch bbl serial number AC203XXX. Just mounted a rail mount and 21/2 X 8 Leupold handgun scope and dry fired a few times. I compared the trigger to my M29 from the performance shop. The trigger on my Anaconda has a lot of creep, not smooth and not crisp. Is there anything I can do to help the trigger other than taking it apart or sending it away for a trigger job. I plan on dry firing extensively the next three days to get ready for Pa deer season. Help !

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
It should smooth out from shooting it. Like most things mechanical it requires a break-in period for all the internal bearing surfaces to wear in together. Some just need it more than others.

Also...comparing a stock, production line gun to one from the S&W Performance Center is an unfair comparison. If it wasn't it would not reflect well on Smith's Performance Center.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Well according to this American Rifleman article, I will quote, you don't need to do anything it is fine!

"Built on an enlarged Python receiver, the Colt Anaconda revolver is made from stainless steel and incorporates the same Linear Leaf Spring mechanism as the second-generation Python. This contributes to the smooth trigger pull and crisp break encountered on these newer Colt revolvers, giving revolver fans a better experience than that found even on original Pythons and Anacondas."

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well according to this American Rifleman article, I will quote, you don't need to do anything it is fine!

"Built on an enlarged Python receiver, the Colt Anaconda revolver is made from stainless steel and incorporates the same Linear Leaf Spring mechanism as the second-generation Python. This contributes to the smooth trigger pull and crisp break encountered on these newer Colt revolvers, giving revolver fans a better experience than that found even on original Pythons and Anacondas."
Thanks for all replies. I will see if the trigger smoothies out from firing. I also have a new Python. It has a much better trigger. I don’t want to send it away as I have Pa deer season start this Saturday.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My new Anaconda--which hasn't been fired yet-- averages 8.65 lbs trigger pull in DA and 4.79 lbs in SA compared to my Python pulls of 7.26 lbs and 4.18 lbs respectively. I'll double check it after sighting it in and see if it gets better. I like the feel of the Anaconda's trigger. I like the feel of the entire gun, it feels like the Mike Tyson of revolvers to me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I put about 25 rounds (would have done more, but it's hard to find .44 mag ammo lately, and at a little over $1.10 a round, not cheap) through the new Anaconda a few days ago. Retested the trigger pull and the DA pulls averaged 7.82 lbs and the SA pulls averaged 4.76 lbs. That's a decrease of .83 lbs and .03 lbs respectively. After the infusion of more $$$ for more ammo perhaps it will decrease a little more.

I noticed something odd about this Anaconda after cleaning it after the range session. I did not disassemble or remove the cylinder crane, just swung it out, ran a brush and a mop through it and the barrel, sprayed it out with Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Cleaner. While I had the cylinder out I cocked the hammer and the trigger locked up. I noticed the cylinder arm was protruding and the trigger wouldn't release until I pushed the arm back with a pick. Put a few more drops of oil into the arm assembly and it works fine now, Did I bugger it up pulling the hammer back with the cylinder swung out?

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Make sure the side plate screws are tight...put thread locker on them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts