Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by the local gun shop today and they had these on the shelf. Not sure these serve any purpose, but different. 20 grain bullet at 420 fps. It makes hardly any noise at firing, just sort of a "sput", and then wait for the bullet to reach the target.

·
Registered
9,268 Posts
Probably good for rodent control without scaring the neighbors and someone calling 9-1-1.

Reactions: krag96 and wolfcoln

·
Registered
531 Posts
Shoot about a thousand a year! Great for black birds off the feeder and close ground squirrels! Much quieter than a pellet gun and quieter yet than a CB short. I actually use the Super Colibri for pest control more. The one you pictured has no powder in it just uses the primer, the Super uses one grain of powder. If you watch close you can usually see the bullet. Just make sure each one comes out, they don't actually recommend them for rifles. They are a blast in a revolver!! Anyhow, have fun!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I use to buy them for granddaughter to shoot in her little Cricket rifle. Not as much work involved in shooting them as in an air rifle.

As already mentioned, make sure bullet exits the barrel. No problem in the Cricket. But in longer barrel rifles I discovered by shooting a 22 lr round first I wouldn’t have any issues. A fresh layer of lube helps. You could accomplish same by first running an oily patch down the bore.

Joe

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I shoot them around the yard when I feel like harassing the local crow population. Usually use CB longs in my rifle but they make too much noise out of a handgun.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just bought a ruger 22/45 and loaded one of those and shot a plastic trashcan full of garbage in the living room. in a 5.5 inch barrel its noisier than expected
jim

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
I have done Super Colibri and they will go through the side of an old 55 gallon drum! Won’t exit other side of course. I was amazed when I saw that and glad I did so I didn’t do anything really dumb. I thought they would be like a BB gun, Man was I wrong! Probably kill a deer in your yard, of course only an idiot would try to kill a deer with a 22, much less a a colibri or super colibri. They are fun to shoot, I too use them in a revolver, very little noise. The thump from the bullet hitting is always way louder than firing it.

Reactions: krag96
1 - 8 of 8 Posts