Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the late 1940's, and/or early 1950's, 22 conversion kits for the 1911A1 pistol come with a barrel bushing as part of the unit? I am referring to the kit that came in the plain brown box with the rampart colt stamped on the cover. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,352 Posts
No. The first units sold after WWII were in the pre-WWII blue/black boxes, and the barrel bushing was one of the items blanked out on the parts list in the lid by that time.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a numbered unit from WW2, number U14XX, complete with barrel bushing, in the box, compartmentalized. The second unit I have is in a brown box with no barrel bushing, apparently from the late 1940's. Thanks

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Here is a pic I have of the Post WWII Conversion Unit boxes that have the tape over the items that were no longer included. The tape is covering item#5 (Bushing) and last part of item#6 (Recoil spring guide and plug). The practice of Colt no longer shipping these parts with the Conversion Units continued with later versions.

Early Post War Colt Conversion Unit box lid.jpg

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
The unit I have is in the first generation brown box, not the purple box. Thanks.
I didn't miss that point. Here's a pic of your Conversion Unit in the box.
The bushing and recoil spring guide and plug were not included in your Conversion Unit.

DSC00871.JPG

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My unit has a compartment for the spring and plunger but there is no barrel bushing, as can be seen in the above photo. Why would Colt include a compartment for the spring and plunger and no barrel bushing? Very frustrating. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts