Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 22 conversion kit, in a plain brown colt logo box, with the marking "conversion kit" on right side, along with the usual Colt nomenclature. Can't find slide marking in any book. Kit is not numbered. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
8,131 Posts
Some pictures would help define your question. The type of rear sight helps date production as does original paperwork and box.

·
Registered
11,269 Posts
Yes...whether it's a series 80 kit or for previous Government models makes a difference.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pre-dates series 80 kits as there are no labels. Just a Colt logo stamped on the box cover. Send e-mail address and I will send you pictures.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
I'm not aware of any Colt .22 Conversion Unit's that say "Kit" on the slide.

Does it look like this one? Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Starting pistol

·
Registered
11,269 Posts
My Series 80 conversion kit has no labels or other identification beyond the Colt logo and the union label.

Box

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes. It is my screw-up. I have nothing but problems between my eyes, my memory, and a TBI. The unit is in a plain, unmarked, brown box except for the colt rampart on the top of the box. It does say Conversion Unit, not "kit". My apologies.

A second unit I have, which is numbered in the U 1300 range, is in the box, complete, and says "Colt Service Model Conversion unit 22-45, ACE,22 long rifle". The box shows damage being 80 years old, but it is complete.

Thanks fo all the help. You have no idea how frustrating dealing with these problems and trying to get things straight.

Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,131 Posts
A pre-War Conversion Unit just sold on Gun Auction, I have to ask my brother what the price was. If you do an internet search it might come up even though its a closed auction.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry, using the internet more advanced than turning it on(which is sometimes a challenge) is just too frustrating and at my age, I don't need any more stress.

·
Premium Member
20,953 Posts
The conversion unit in the U1300 range should be the more valuable one. If it is in good to excellent condition and is in the correct box, I see those selling quite high. Maybe in the $2000+ range. I am no expert on these, so I hope other, more informed members will chime in.

The more common unit in the brown box is more in the $600 range in my area.

·
Premium Member
9,720 Posts
If you cannot post pictures, please describe the box style in detail, describe the slide top for rib or no rib, describe the rear sight style (Coltmaster, "flat" Accro, Accro) and look for a date code on any instruction sheet. With some or all of that information, someone here might be able to narrow down the vintage of your Conversion Unit.

·
Registered
8,131 Posts
95-98% gun. The box was intact. The paperwork had separated at the seams.
www.gunauction.com/buy/14489804
This is the one my brother had on his watch list, and he told me this am the price and condition.
We have two Units, mine is an early post War probably early 50's, his is a later one with the Accro sight. No boxes but we didn't pay top dollar for ours.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts