Colt Forum banner

22 conversion

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  JudgeColt 
#1 ·
Just found a bag of parts. 1911 colt 22 conversion unit 22 long rifle. It contains: 2 clips, slide, spring, barrell, arm that holds slide and frame together and flat bar that locks into side of barrell. Missing is the piece that goes over spring and the lock on the end of the barrell. Is there anything else missing? Can i put this all together and put it on my old 1911 45 remington made in 1943? Probably a stupid question, but i am a rookie! Also in the bag was a colt mk iv model 80 slide, spring, barrell and barrell lock. Will these interchange? Thanks

#2 ·
Me thinks that from your description that you need the recoil spring guide and plug, and a barrel bushing.
Yes it should work on the Remington Rand
The Series 80 slide will interchange as long as it does not have the firing pin safety plunger & spring installed.

#5 ·
Put it together is am . Acts like it should work . Will try it out later this pm. Thanks
me thinks that from your description that you need the recoil spring guide and plug, and a barrel bushing.
Yes it should work on the remington rand
the series 80 slide will interchange as long as it does not have the firing pin safety plunger & spring installed.

#9 ·
Other than hearing the name I know nothing about Ed's Red. Some of the floating chambers have a tendency to lead up and quit working, and the Break-Free helps prevent this. I would think the Ed's would have a tendency to be thinner than what you would want on the floating chamber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.