Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I just picked up a stone cold mint 6' .22 Diamondback in it's original box with all of the paperwork. The box is thin cardboard. It doesn't have the woodgrain pattern. It's solid brown and there is a gold Colt seal on the top in the lower left hand corner. The serial number is AA071xx
Can anyone tell me when this one was made?

This Diamondback's blueing is nicer than any other DB I've handled or owned in the past. If it's been fired it's hard to tell. I'm not up on DB prices. What are these things going for? I gave $675 for it.

Thanks,

Randy

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Extremely nice find there Randy, I am sure you will enjoy it.

I am assuming it had a molded foam insert and an outer paper box. Most I have seen and have are woodgrain printed pattern, but some of the later ones could have come this way and I am sure it did if you have an example there.

I'm going to guess on the date of late 1986 or possibly early 1987. Last published data shows 1985 AA01563 to AA02432 and it ends there. And supposedly they didn't make any after 1986, so..........

$675 is definately not out of line especially one in that condition and I surely would not take less than that for mine. I think you did real good.
Imagine for a moment the same gun in nickel and it would bring probably three times that.

Good luck with your new find! Pix are appreciated.

------------------
Dick

The watchwords for all mankind are.....Liberty and Freedom.

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 07-06-2005).]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. I noticed after I posted my questions that the gold medallions are different from any others I've seen. The horse is larger and to the left of the horse on the medallions the word Colt is spelled out and under that is the number 150. I would guess that would mean the gun (or the grips) are some type of 150th anniversary special. That and the fact that the screws on the gun were highly polished before they were blued. I'll try to get some pics up if Hunt101 gets back up.

Randy

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yes those grips do have the 150 Anniversary Medallions. Colts 150th year was in 1986, which incidentally was the last year of Diamondback production.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts