Colt Forum banner

.22 Diamondback

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  rbishop 
#1 ·
I found a nice used 4 inch .22 rmfr Diamondback today. Can't afford it though. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

$995.00 plus tax, and $ paperwork.
Oh well, maybe someday.

See less See more
#3 ·
I assume you are talking blue here. Although 4" .22LR are somewhat easier to find than 6" variety, that is still about the going rate. I recently stoled one in 99% condition for $600, but that is a rarity.

#4 ·
$900.00,.22's,ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I bought a .22 diamondback last year for $900.00 and it came with the original box and a "free" .38 diamondback in its box.$900.00 is not a good deal on any diamondback no matter how bad you want one.$900.00 is when your starting to get screwed on something like the price of a python or a N frame S&W.Keep looking,there are a few deals on these pistols left.I have overpaid for guns I really wanted bad,and now I know it just drives prices up and thats just not fair for other people wanting the same type of gun at a price they can afford.

#5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
$900.00,.22's,ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I bought a .22 diamondback last year for $900.00 and it came with the original box and a "free" .38 diamondback in its box.$900.00 is not a good deal on any diamondback no matter how bad you want one.$900.00 is when your starting to get screwed on something like the price of a python or a N frame S&W.Keep looking,there are a few deals on these pistols left.I have overpaid for guns I really wanted bad,and now I know it just drives prices up and thats just not fair for other people wanting the same type of gun at a price they can afford.

[/ QUOTE ]

Combat
I wish you all the luck in the world. I think you are going to need it. JMHO

#7 ·
That is not out of line for a nice 4" 22 Diamondback. It is not give a away either. However we all hope for two for one deals in this day, and age of escalating gun prices.

Reality lands when you pay the price, and either know you got a good deal, or suspect you might have been screwed!

Been there, done that, and as long as I collect guns, I suspect it just might happen again---either way!

#9 ·
Well I think it is still allot of money, but I know next year will be more and the year after that even higher.

It was blue with factory smooth grips.

He had a Python, same price, but the factory stocks ground down for speed loaders and pitting marks and worn bluing on the bbl.

Damn the .22 looked good. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

#11 ·
I guess I thought Colt prices were more based on regional prices.I attend 12-15 gunshows a year and go to dozens of pawnshops/gunshops.I have seen/turned down,lots of diamondbacks and pythons in the $600.00 to $750.00 for what I decided was to much $$$ to pay.I kept looking and found a man who was glad to sell me his two diamondbacks, a .22 4"and a.38 4"both blue with there boxes for $450.00 each.I have researched some internet "prices" since this thread started and it seems y'all are right about the market/demand increasing recently.I can see the "I got the money so I'm gonna buy it at any price" crowd has ruined reality based priceing on Colts just like it did for S&W's.So I guess I'll just go out and buy me a bunch more Colt's up in the $200.00 to $500.00 range I know about,that LNIB Trooper for $350.00 don't seem to high now.I see now all them Python's for $750.00 were all"deals".Now,if I could just get me some "LUCK" that holster worn .22 6" DB for $500.00 will still be available.

#13 ·
I saw a 98% 6" blue DB go for $800 (with box) over the weekend. Most were priced in the $900-$1100 area. Saw a 2.5" 38spl DB that I almost bought that was about 95%, then decided to keep my money. The gun that sparked my interest was a NIB Officers Model Match 38. It was priced fair, and I opted not to buy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.