Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a gun show today,[no dear I won't buy anything just want to look] But then I fell in love.

To make a long story short. .22 frontier scout one small half moon shaped spot of nickel missing at muzzle. Made [according to ser# website] 1962-$350 how'd I do?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've owned one since the early 70's. Traded for it and a Hunter holster for a Damon Howatt Super Diablo recurve hunting bow at a New Years Eve party. Wore it all night too.

I'd actually like to have the bow back now but I like the Colt.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Bought one in 1964, still have it, still shoot it some. Your price seems a bit lower than the asking prices around here.Enjoy.

rayb

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
They are really pretty little revolvers. I pick them up when I can afford them or find one. Part of my more recent evolving interests. The really nice ones are pretty expensive these days.

·
Registered
121 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Also becoming one of my favorite things to pick up if I run across a good one. Here is one from 1963, box and all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that is a nice one. It looks brand new. Do you shoot it, or is it a collector piece?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I love those little Colt single actions. I've owned probably a half-dozen or more, including a John Wayne commemorative. You got a good deal for a nickel plated model. I have a real rare version, a nickel plated Peacemaker .22. Only six of those were produced. Mine is unfired.

Peacemaker .22

The Peacemaker .22 and New Frontier .22 differ from the Frontier Scout in that they have case colored steel frames rather than the alloy frames of the Scouts. Of course, the New Frontier .22 also has a ramp front sight and fully adjustable rear sight. Prices for a mint condition Peacemaker .22 are now approaching those of the centerfire Single Action Army models.

Interesting note - your Scout barrel was produced on the same machine, and to the same tolerances, as the Pythons the company was producing at the time.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Jtward: Nice Colt. I saw that picture over at RimfireCentral. My camera will probably not do justice to the revolvers. Need to get a better digital. I need a lot of things..... that is another story.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have 2 nib frontier scout commemoratives, and will be looking at a golden spike on monday, if in nib condition will come home with me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Here's my Frontier Scout from my trade mentioed earlier in the 70's. It is sharing the frame with some other Colts from the "Colt Picture" thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts