"Coltwood" is the name Colt used for ALL of the plastic stocks used Post-War, no matter what the color. The early "Coltwood" formulation has a lot of orange and yellow in it in a swirl pattern. The later "Coltwood" stocks are plain brown.
In 1954, wood stocks were again adopted for the revolvers. The Woodsman did not get wood stocks again until 1960. The early Third Model Woodsman pistols used black plastic stocks, which Colt still called "Coltwood." The Government Model and Commander did not get wood stocks again until 1970.