Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 22lr/22mag New frontier and it shoots high like 1" at 10 yards and 3-4 inches at 25yards with the rear sight all the way down. I noticed that the rear blade is a bit higher than the holder and the square notch could be ground down a bit more and the top could be ground down a bit more as well.That should help and I would do it myself if I knew how to extract the rear sight blade from the holder. Who can do this?Im in Long Island, NY. Or should I send it to Colt? I also would like to get the trigger lightened and crisper.Anyone come to mind for all this? Finally when the bolt inserts into the slot the lock up has a little play,is this normal or should it be tight?

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
the rear site blade can be removed , however i would hesitate to damage the existing blade. gunparts corp. list the blade but shows out of stock. i would call and see if one is available. if you decide to modify one do it to the new one and save the original.does the rear site move freely in the frame cutout??make sure there is no dirt, lint, ect. under it. as to cyl play, slight movement is normal in the s/a guns as the hand doesn`t assist lockup as on the d/a`s.sending the gun back to colt would be prefered if you are unsure of working on it yourself.you will have to contact them for ship instructions

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you remove the rear sight blade from the holder? The windage side screw comes out and the blade moves to the right but stops.

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
remove the windage screw,with your fingernail draw the blade to the left against the spring,insert a small punch in windage screw hole and hold pressure, site blade will rock up on right side you might have the help it with the punch{gently}. be sure to watch and not lose the spring.do not force anything or you will be buying a complete site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts