Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
It is telling me that I must be a member to view the post.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are obviously already a member, or you would not have been able to publish your post. At the .22 Diamondback link, just input your member name and password!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Sorry, no member ( but that's plain obvious /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif ) and I got the same response!

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is telling me that I must be a member to view the post.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are obviously already a member, or you would not have been able to publish your post. At the .22 Diamondback link, just input your member name and password!

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? It's asking me for a login and password that I don't have because I'm not a member (in fact, I'm not really a Smith fan).

·
Registered
329 Posts
You have to be a member of that forum to view the classifieds. Its a NIB four inch blue .22 DB for $1189. There are some other Colts in the classifieds there, so even if you're not a big Smith fan it might be worthwhile to join.

·
Registered
991 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Its a NIB four inch blue .22 DB for $1189. There are some other Colts in the classifieds there, so even if you're not a big Smith fan it might be worthwhile to join.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at prices like this.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You can find a lot of nice stuff on the S&W forum's Classifieds. The sticker shock of some of it can make you blink a time or two. It used to be rather reasonable, but things have gone up drastically.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Yes, you'd be surprised just "how many" go back and forth between the Forums and many using different "user" names will put up stuff on the 'classifieds', I had been in Colts and S&W , long before the Ruger route and now even they are becoming "too costly" for the average 'working' (retired) person. They just all fit a different "niche" as far as I'm concerned. Yes, Colt at one time, filled ALL the "niches" in ,autos, 22 or centerfire, revolvers in both double AND 'single'action. But, alas, the story kinda tails off....

·
Registered
37 Posts
I post on both so guess I am guilty. Have learned a lot there and met some new friends who will probably be so for life. Seems like sticker shock is hitting all of us, whatever flavor you prefer. If I started a post that began with, "Remember when X cost Y?" I would date myself on age but they all seem to be reaching for the moon IMO. Still, if you consider what a NIB newest blastbanger costs the "oldies" are still the best bargain in shooting, either Smith or Colt. Makes Gun Shows here in Texas seem fun again from time to time.

Tim

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
In summary. It's like finding (or attempting to find) a classic chevy on a Ford used car lot....or something like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts