Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What model is this? A buddy inherited a colt .22 semi-auto. He can't locate a model number..only a serial number. It has COLT .22 stamped on the side. He has not been shot. It is stainless with a round barrel, probably 4 1/2 inches. It does not look like it was made that many years ago. I can't find it on the internet. What model is it and is it any good? He will sell it to me for $195. If it is as good as the Ruger Mark II or Browning Buck Mark, I will buy it for sure.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sounds like you have the Colt .22 model that they introduced around 94', I don't think Colt actually called it anything but the Colt 22. It should be stainless steel construction with a rib on top of barrel and black plastic grips....

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,815 Posts
This series was introduced in 1994 and discontinued around 2000??.

There were three models:
The Colt Cadet, which was renamed the Colt .22 in 1995. These had fixed sights.

The Colt .22 Target. Which had a removable front sight and a target adjustable rear.

The people who own these report excellent accuracy, but the gun was priced higher than most of the competition, and the guns were not big sellers for Colt.

The last Standard Catalog of gun prices I have is a 1998 version, which lists a new, in the box fixed sight model at $225.00.

The price will have gone up since then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts