Colt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if I just lucked into a fresh delivery of ammo at Wal-Mart or not but I haven't seen ANY 22lr on the shelf there in a few years now. A friend told me that he bets it's all gone in a couple of days.
I'll have to go back and check. What are other people seeing for 22lr supply?

·
Registered
10,851 Posts
I've seen .22 most everywhere...doesn't seem to be a shortage anymore. Online sellers have been sending me ads for it on sale constantly. Dick's Sporting Goods recently had Remington Golden .22 ammunition in boxes of 525 for $27.99.

It seems the local gun stores are the ones having trouble getting it...the big sellers must be buying it all up.

Reactions: twaits

·
Registered
564 Posts
It's come back to being available where I live. Walmart doesn't keep a huge stock on hand, usually a dozen boxes of mini-mags and a few bulk boxes of something else, but all the sporting goods stores around here are fully stocked again.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Seems to be everywhere and for good prices, I just picked up 5000 rounds of 22 long for my Winchester 1890 for $220.00 shipped on G.B.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Plenty here in NJ right now. We will see after Nov 7th when we elect a new governor. I hope everyone gets out to vote.
It is a pivotal election for us here in NJ, with so much to lose.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I don't know if I just lucked into a fresh delivery of ammo at Wal-Mart or not but I haven't seen ANY 22lr on the shelf there in a few years now. A friend told me that he bets it's all gone in a couple of days.
I'll have to go back and check. What are other people seeing for 22lr supply?

Boy...Walmart loves that oddball pricing. I once read somewhere that is was a marketing strategy so people could not remember what they paid the last time they purchased the same item there.
That way they could raise prices without too much push back.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
It's everywhere here EXCEPT for Walmart. Small shops, hardware stores, sporting stores, even the gun show vender had a brick for $31 the other day. Walmart....I have no clue what they're doing here. One was built near me about 5 years ago. Since that time I have NEVER seen a box of .22 on their shelf. Every other caliber under the sun, yes. Not .22. ever. When a clerk comes by I say "you know, I've walked by here for years and you've never had .22 ammo once, what's the deal with your stocking plan?" They just shrug. I don't go often to that place, I hate them, and I don't play the retirees trick of lining up at O'dark thirty to hoard some more. I suspect some are still doing that, perhaps as few as 5 or 10 people. One day an obituary will be in the paper reading, "Strange Ammo Hoarder leaves behind 3 storage sheds FULL of .22 ammo..."

On a related note, the headlight bulb on my 1968 motorcycle burned out. I searched for them and found they're now uncommon, hard to find. I think I'll go on ebay and buy, oh, about the next 40 of them that I see. You know, just in case and for the future. Or not....

·
Registered
10,851 Posts
Maybe the big ammunition distributors have priority on rimfire shipments...even over Walmart. Walmart buys direct...maybe the ammunition makers and importers are taking care of their bread and butter suppliers first before Walmart. It could be contractual as well and Walmart has to wait until other orders or filled...or ammunition makers won't sell to Walmart as cheaply as Walmart wants.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
My LGS has a good supply and variety on hand. I would still like to see prices come back down some more, but.......................... I recently bought 3K rds of Winchester Super X for a good price. That should keep me shooting for a while!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
It's in all the stores here and the prices are high...for now.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Its coming back here in south Florida also! At first it was going out as fast as it was stocked. It is now sitting on the shelf every week and prices are falling. Its a buyers market and I love it!!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Odds are the next shortage will be caused by no lead mines in the usa. Chilled shot will be difficult to find.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Up here in RI, all the gun shops have had a full stock of .22 and the prices have been dropping to closer to what they were before the shortage.
My local Wal-mart has al he specialty CCI items, even SV in bricks, Fedral auto match. The only ammo that sells out right away and doesn't get replaced are the Fedral 550 bulk packs. At $22.95 they are never in stock.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts