Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I took a person new to firearms out for the second time today. And after burning through the last of my 22lr and almost breaking in the new recoil spring. I got to looking at the overall wear pattern on the barrel.

The gun seems to be breaking in nicely honestly. And it's the first semi auto pistol I will throw anybody on. Since the grip saftey has to be depressed to fire. It reinforces keeping a good grip on the pistol. And the manual saftey is an extra level of redundancy until I'm comfy with them handling it.

There is no recoil and when it's clean it runs great. Today it ran good for the first 100 rounds it was an absolute mess inside. I have to completely strip and check the wear on the internals. To see how it's holding up but for a new shooters or 1911 trainer I couldn't think of a better gun.

But for the price I remember paying 400+ for it. Brand new solid metal frame only 3-4 ounces lighter than a 1911. It has paid off and atleast got 2 new people into guns. Hopefully a lot more in the future.

Attachments

· Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an after thought but i found out what kind of firearms she likes after 2 trips. Borrowed the 6 inch S&W m&p 38 from my dad for the day. And brought along the 4 inch m&p 38 she shot the last trip. The 38 specials she loves that's good news. When I remember to order a new v spring for the 2.5 inch diamondback to fix the light strikes.

I'll bring it out and see what kind of gal she is a Smith or a colt lady. And we shot my sks, 16 gauge remington 1100, and a few other odds and ends the first trip. Tried the mosin nagant this time not a fan of 30 caliber rifles. I need to get about 100 rounds of 30 carbine and get my m1 carbine out with her I'm sure she will love it.

Shotguns are a no go, big 30 calibers are out of the question. With the exception of my 30-30 marlin 336cs that was passable. I think I can sneak the lever actions in slowly though. And perhaps a full size 45 acp 1911...

· Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Nice write up and eval of the .22! Mine doesn't have near the same round count as yours yet but, I've found it much the same. It's been 100% reliable, feels almost like the real thing in the hand and just gets it done. Our daughter loves shooting 1911's and started on this one years back. I've recently added the suppressor adaptor and it still runs 100%, just a bit more quiet.
Revolver Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel

· Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice write up and eval of the .22! Mine doesn't have near the same round count as yours yet but, I've found it much the same. It's been 100% reliable, feels almost like the real thing in the hand and just gets it done. Our daughter loves shooting 1911's and started on this one years back. I've recently added the suppressor adaptor and it still runs 100%, just a bit more quiet.
View attachment 802758
It's saw quite a few hands been dropped on concrete, gravel in the mud slide open empty mag. That was a damn nightmare to clean up I'll add. I'd reccomend copper plated 22lr seriously the difference in cleaning.

If I'm not mistaken umerex makes these for walther. And they got the original 1911 blueprints and it's made based on those. Unlike some other companies who produce similar models. RIA makes one in 22 mag my LGS has a few in stock.

I'm tempted to trade into it and get rid of 2 guns I don't shoot. Often enough to keep the 22 mag seems like a good varmit gun lots of opossums round the house. The dogs loose there minds when one crawls up on the porch. Last one got to the end of my patience after 2-3 weeks. First thing I grabbed 44 mag two more holes in the deck.

· Registered
5,434 Posts
The pistols are made by Walther under licence from Colt and distributed by Umarex. Check your owners manual. It clearly says made by Walther. I have the Gold Cup Trophy version.

· Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pistols are made by Walther under licence from Colt and distributed by Umarex. Check your owners manual. It clearly says made by Walther. I have the Gold Cup Trophy version.
Thanks I remembered that backwards I'm a tad forgetful on the small details at times.

· Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is one of my favorite "teaching" .22 autos. Good sights, accurate and reliable.
I like the "teaching" aspect of it I learned with the lady. I'll set her up and let her just load and dump mags repeating cycle. The third trip I think we will work on actually trying to get that sight picture good left eye dominant right handed.

I have to let her get comfy, before making any changes and drilling in good habits. Although with that scoped 30-30 I don't want to be out at 100 yards. She was Hitting a torso sized area nicely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts