Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this in the safe for the last 12-15 years. Is this .25 auto a "Junior"?
Any ideas on value and year made?
Condition is not as bad as it appears. Real bad lighting. I would say it is about 85-90%
Serial #OD92922
Thanks.

Just found serial # range and I believe 1973 is Mfg. date.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yeah, that's a Junior. I have one in about 99% with box, warranty card, extra mag and cleaning rod:

In the condition you describe, I'm guessing yours is about $250 - $300 (mint condition specimens with the box, etc. seem to be going for about $400).

Just my guess /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

They are cute little pieces /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Blokey. I brought it over to a local Gunshop and the guy said it was a .25 auto not a "Junior". I told him that it sure did resemble the Junior and the schematic for the Junior is the same. He was not trying to hear it though.
If I am correct these wre made by Astra for Colt and are basically the same as the Astra Cub. Or do I have it all wrong?
At any rate, it is a fantastic little gun. I started to put it in my pocket everyday and carry it in addition to my 1911.
Sometimes it is good to check taht back corner of the safe, you never know what you will find /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I actually forgot about this one. It had a nice coat of Rig on it and was wrapped in a Breakfree cloth.

·
Registered
716 Posts
OK, I stand corrected. I've always known them as Juniors but maybe they're more correctly called ".25 Auto" and the Junior is something else.

Colt didn't make them but I thought it was FIE (?) or were they the importer? Maybe it was Astra. Some are marked on the right side between the trigger and the stocks; mine is not marked so.

I thought they were an interesting piece so I picked one up.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't say you are wrong. I think the damn thing is a Junior myself. Mine isn't stamped either, just Colt markings but I had heard that Astra produced them.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
i will add just a little since i think you are BOTH right. the junior was produced on contract by astra, however the gca 1968 prohibited further importation after that date. the .25 auto was produced by colt 1970-74 and is in all respects the same gun. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Interesting. Any of you guys ever shoot these 25's. I tried one out years ago and it was a jamamatic. Ditched it. I had no place for a non functioning auto, colt or not. Now I have a couple of the 22 Juniors. Cute, but have never shot one.

·
Premium Member
9,722 Posts
The Spanish-made guns (by Astra, being the same gun as the Astra Cub) are "Juniors" and the American-made guns are ".25 Automatics" made by FI as I recall.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
never had a chance to shoot one,i did have an astra firecat{1908 copy}that was reliable and accurate.{as it applies to a gun without sights}

1 - 9 of 9 Posts