Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 27th edition blue book of gun values is out and there has been a major update to it that reflects run-a-way prices.

Diamondback, Add 300-400% for .22LR or .22 mag with 2 1/2" barrel depending on condition.

The Boa set was priced at $1650/%100 last year. Now priced at $4950/100%

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's from the book. New editions are released at the Tulsa gun show and the author is there for book signing.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Addicted, once again, thanks for a very valuable readinglesson.

A question comes to my mind, I see myself as a complete novice when I'm out looking at guns, mind you in a few weeks time the looking will be over and the buying (with the misses breathing heavily down my neck /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) will commence.

What is the difference between a 100 % specimen and a 70% specimen? It looks all nice and logic in that bleu book, but how do you credit a gun?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Hey Addicted, did they finally get the Bright stainless King Cobra right ? They always showed it being less valuable than the regular stainless. I see it in the upper corner of one of your pics, that's why I'm asking.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here you go.

Bright stainless
100% $595, 98% $400, 95% $300

Regular stainless
100% $550, 98% $425, 95% $325

That's a big price reduction for only 2%.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I spend much more time on "what" to buy than condition. Condition is only how much I'm going to de-value the gun. Keep in mind that condition sells. I would have never bought the early Trooper last weekend if it wasn't 98%+ condition and a .22LR with 4" barrel. The same seller had Python's and Diamondbacks but the Trooper won me over. Python's and Diamondbacks are a dime a dozen. How often do you see a early Trooper in this configuration? High condition is always easy to resell. Are you going to purchase at a local upcoming gun show? Do you buy off of the internet? It'll be too painful for the Mrs. Leave her at home.

70% condition has 30% of the 100% (as the gun left the factory) taken away. It could be from worn finish, imperfections (slight or great) in the metal or stocks, mechanics, etc. Can you spot a refinish? There are different degrees of refinish. Some refinished guns are worth bringing home, other refinished guns are considered as worthless and all points in between. Very important, does the gun configuration belong to that year? Someday I want to post gun configurations to my website. Caliber, finish, barrel length by year along with serial number ranges. I currently need a lot more data and about 50 more Colt catalogs.

Send me a PM and we'll talk.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Addicted: You didn't have to go to all the trouble on the picture posting from the new Blue Book. I believed you. The % increase in value seemed uncharacteristicly "Blue Book" for a Diamondback. Things read the same for years on the 2.5" versions. I sort of like to keep things on the Diamondback a little vague in terms of the different barrel lengths and so forth.

Hope you enjoy your new Trooper. They are nice revolvers and are definitely keepers these days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts