Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,308 Posts
In progress? I think it's perfect now. Very (cliche alert) "businesslike". I like it plain with the factory grips. Are you doing it yourself? This fit's with my pair. The Bisley I just had rebarreled to .44 Special, and the 1958 .44 Special that used to be a cut down (to 5") 38 Special. Your short .44 is one of the coolest guns I've seen recently here.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
In progress? I think it's perfect now. Very (cliche alert) "businesslike". I like it plain with the factory grips. Are you doing it yourself? This fit's with my pair. The Bisley I just had rebarreled to .44 Special, and the 1958 .44 Special that used to be a cut down (to 5") 38 Special. Your short .44 is one of the coolest guns I've seen recently here.

Cool 44Spl's you have there. Great caliber.
Am doing this one myself. Found an old Super Blackhawk barrel. Was turned down and re-threaded for use
on a 2nd gen. Focus now is on finding a good POI for it. Have left the front sight tall so I can mill it down
to what I need it to be. Didn't want to cut up an old 2nd gen barrel for this.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
That is a very nice .44 revolver! I especially like the Hammer; very easy to cock. What are you going to "improve" about it, I like what "Wyatt Burp" stated: "I think it's perfect now"!

Several years ago, I bought a 1904 Colt SAA from an older gentleman at the Houston Gun Show. I paid a little more for it than I should have, but the .44 Special caliber change sold me on it. I knew there was minor problem with it, but with the help of "swamprat" we got the revolver working perfectly by changing the broken Trigger Sear. I think the caliber change was made prior to WWII. I shoot some light smokeless powder loads and it is a tackdriver. Congratulations on your great find! Here is a photo of mine after I put on a set of Ivory Stocks.

IMG_1139.JPG

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is a very nice .44 revolver! I especially like the Hammer; very easy to cock. What are you going to "improve" about it, I like what "Wyatt Burp" stated: "I think it's perfect now"!

Several years ago, I bought a 1904 Colt SAA from an older gentleman at the Houston Gun Show. I paid a little more for it than I should have, but the .44 Special caliber change sold me on it. I knew there was minor problem with it, but with the help of "swamprat" we got the revolver working perfectly by changing the broken Trigger Sear. I think the caliber change was made prior to WWII. I shoot some light smokeless powder loads and it is a tackdriver. Congratulations on your great find! Here is a photo of mine after I put on a set of Ivory Stocks.

View attachment 408161
Great looking 1st.

Right now, am trying to get this old girl to hit where I point her. Probably not going to do any more finish wise.
Ain't going to take it out and "beat it on the rocks" or anything, but it will see use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts