Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a few times that the SAA was produced in the 3rd Gen with an all blue finish. I've come across a 2nd Gen .357 with an all blue finish that owner claims is orginal. The serial number puts the year of manufacture at 1972. The pics show the loading gate in a plum color like I've seen on older Ruger Blachawks. The feature that really stands out is the hammer is color case hardened. I'm skeptical at this point the gun is original. I would appreciate input on this one!

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
There are two 357s made with 4 3/4" and two with 5 1/2" barrels. They are referred to as "Full Royal Blue" and 32 total were made in all calibers and barrel lengths, not counting engraved guns. Highest # in the 61000SA (1972) range.

No documentation of CCH hammers, likely added later. The hammer should be a square top with floating firing pin. Is that correct?

Is it the full shine Royal blue? Could be a righteous gun exc. for hammer. Does owner have the box, the end label will tell the tale.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hondo44, I'm not sure about the hammer, nor am I sure about the Royal Blue. The serial number is 634XXSA...which doesn't fit the range you mention. Grip fit is terrible. Looks like a gap as well between the frame and backstrap.

Blue Colt.jpg Blue Colt 2.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts