Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking at picking up a set of replacement springs while they are easily available (and cost is lower) for my 1971 vintage Colt 1851 Navy. I've found parts made by Uberti and Navy Arms. Anybody know what is the best set to pick up for fit & quality? Also, in the opinion category, is it recommended to pick up a complete set of replacement screws as well? Anything else I should be acquiring for use down the road. With the cost of shooting, my plan is to get lots of use out of this revolver. Many thanks in advance.

Thanks to all, I ordered a set of Uberti springs to have on hand. Same seller also has replacement screw sets, is there any need to have a set of screws. Unless I'm missing something, I can't think of one but I'm super new to this area of shooting so I have a lot to learn.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Buy the Uberti parts/springs. They are a 1:1 replacement and require little fitting. This includes both C and F series M1851's. The Navy Arms parts are more expensive and may require more fitting. Likewise for the 3rd generation Colts.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
As your pistol was basically made by Uberti, all of their innards should fit. I have also found that the cheap spares from Numrich Arms (Gunparts) in New York fit the Uberti and Pietta clones.

Rio

·
Registered
552 Posts
Check out e-bay. There is a mainspring and fittings currently listed. Just enter "Colt springs" in your e-bay search.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts