Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I could find a 2nd Gen SAA bore brush for sale that would have come with a SAA Colt with a 7 & 1/2 inch barrel in .45 Colt? I've searched online for awhile now and came up with nothing. That's all a friend of mine is missing on his Colt. He has all the rest of the papers and such that came with his Colt. He bought it second hand years ago and I thought it would make a great birthday gift for him on his 75th.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
Are you sure it came with a bore brush? In the 2nd Generation SAAs only the Black Box SAAs came with a bore brush. No bore brush with the Stagecoach boxed guns. There were three lengths of bore brushes -- 8", 9', and 15". A 7 1/2" barreled gun in a Black Box would of had the 9" length. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
If it did come with a brush, my guess would be that it was one of these "looped wire" cleaning rods/brush. How you tell a Colt one from a generic one, I don't know.

During the time frame of the 2nd Gen SAA, Colt also offered these cleaning sets as accessories. They are hard to find but compliment a Colt nicely. Pictured below is a 3-piece ivory set and a 6-piece rosewood set (also available in pearl and ebony). They will be found both with and without "COLT" marked on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts