Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5.5"bbl, .45 blue/cc...cc looks slightly faded(kind of a 'straw'color-not much of a pattern or other colors as I recall), didn't look like it was used much(no cyl. ring)rubber grips, don't know the ser. number, but card says late 2nd gen, presume no box/papers...what say you...

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
scratchy
BB says in the $1000-1200 range, but as always , because of the desirablity of good old 2nd generation SAA's it will probably demand higher. My observation is, they only know one thing, ask for 100% prices.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

·
Registered
40 Posts
scratchy,
2K is too much especially with the wrong grips. I've been looking for the right 2nd gen SAA. For me that would be a 50's model .38 Special with either the 7.5" or 5.5" barrel in 95% condition. I wouldn't be able to bring myself to shoot a gun in near mint condition.

I've been seeing the same thing as Dick, dealer's asking prices on 80% guns are 100% BB values and it seems many of them are selling! I just passed on an all original 5.5" .38 Special in 75% condition (no box) for $1300. I was going to let it set in his shop for a while and offer him $1100 OTD. It sold in less than a week and knowing the dealer he got the full $1300 for it.

Randy

·
Registered
25 Posts
local gun store has 2 SSA new in the box for 1299 ea. they are blued 5.5 barel.is this what they go for?
they also had a colt cowboy with a custom blueing that was proiced at get this 900 bucks!ouch.ITS WAS BEUTIFULY DONE I WILL SAY.
seems to me the cowboys a bit pricey and the SSA are not out of line for a real 3rd gen SSA from colt

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Sounds like $300 premium for fancy bluing job on a Cowboy, kinda steep for my blood.

$1299 for SAA is right on, to low, even for a nice 3RD Generation one. I'd buy at that price and you can bet Randy would.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts