Colt Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,196 Posts
While Colt did a helluva job with the 'Peacemaker Centennial 1873-1973' SAAs, I reshaped the somewhat over-sized one-piece walnut stocks so they were correctly configured - had Dave Lanara cartouche them with 'RAC', and had him provide and install a properly-marked 5 1/5" barrel, to make mine an 'Artillery Model'.

Mated up with an F.C. Burgess Model 1885 flap holster and an original 100-round Krag belt w/'US' plate, it's impressive...

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
I would love to find a wood grip with the inspector stamps for my Cavalry model since I bought it with ivory grips.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Here's my "convertible" Centennial, serial # 191X (anyone got one close to that?) with a nickel 2nd gen. .38 Spl. cylinder bored out to .44 Special by the late Jim Cornwall.
I sure miss Jim!! He did several cylinders for me and quite a few hammer rebuilds!
I think we all miss Jim. Jim had my 38 special cylinder at the time he passed. He was going to chamber it to 40 S&W for me. I wanted a convertible 38-40 , 40 S&W SAA. Since Colt doesn't offer a 40 S&W the only way to get one is build your own. Jim only wanted $70 to do it. That speaks a lot about him. He was a man that wanted to help his customers and not just make a buck. I really liked that man.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts