Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a LGS and they had an unfired 2nd Generation 2nd Model Dragoon for sale for 795. I asked on a couple of FaceBook gun boards, and everyone seemed to think that way too high, but everything I could find on Gunbroker or other auction sites suggests it's in the market - maybe not a steal, but certainly reasonable, especially if it's really unfired. LGS had the original box and packaging (bag, etc). I didn't think to take pictures, but it looked like NIB. :-(
I've got a Signature Series 1860 which I love, but I've always heard that the 2nd Gen guns are so much better & preferred, so this Dragoon turned my head.
Is this price reasonable or not?
V.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
The last two I've seen were at Texas gun shows and were in their original black boxes and, apparently, NIB. One was on the table at $750 and the other $775. As of the end of the day, they were both still there. Of course different locations will have different pricing. So, at the shows I've been at, $795 would be on the high side.

·
Registered
12,844 Posts
I was in a LGS and they had an unfired 2nd Generation 2nd Model Dragoon for sale for 795. I asked on a couple of FaceBook gun boards, and everyone seemed to think that way too high, but everything I could find on Gunbroker or other auction sites suggests it's in the market - maybe not a steal, but certainly reasonable, especially if it's really unfired. LGS had the original box and packaging (bag, etc). I didn't think to take pictures, but it looked like NIB. :-(
I've got a Signature Series 1860 which I love, but I've always heard that the 2nd Gen guns are so much better & preferred, so this Dragoon turned my head.
Is this price reasonable or not?
V.
Was it in the factory Wooden Case with accessories?

Or, just by itself?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By itself. The dealer had the box, but not a wooden presentation case

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is Cherry's? URL?
Thanks

·
Registered
545 Posts
$795 for a NIB, 2nd Generation, 2nd Model Dragoon is a 'reasonable' price; however, they can be had cheaper, you just have to be patient .

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, I hadn't heard of this site before - thanks!
V

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Cherry's has some very rare Signature Series guns in its inventory. There is a 3rd Model Dragoon with 4srew frame and cut out for shoulder stock, a 3rd Model Dragoon with fluted cylinder and a 1851 London Navy. All are quite reasonable priced.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've always had a soft spot for those squareback triggerguards of the 1st-2nd models, but boy, a 3rd with cuts for shoulder stock would be tempting!
V

·
Registered
514 Posts
I agree with FingersMcGee's comment - $795 is a 'reasonable price', but, as others have indicated, there may be better bargains out there. Just remember, they don't make 2nd generation percussion guns anymore. So, if you see that 'special' gun that turns your head, and if within your budget, buy it, and don't worry about the trivial change you can save by waiting for that 'better' bargain (which, more than likely, will be less than $100, anyway, since most of the 'standard' production guns, within the model range, normally price about the same) - that gun may never come your way, again.

Here is a consecutive serial number set of 2nd Dragoons I purchased several years ago for $1550 (it included boxes and original documents). I really only needed one, but how often does an consecutive pair become available, so...…….

09ab-2nd Dragoon-SN 34206 & 34207-09.JPG

Which were then sent to Adams Sr. and Adams Jr. for engraving and gold plating.

IMG_0105.JPG

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
I've always had a soft spot for those squareback triggerguards of the 1st-2nd models, but boy, a 3rd with cuts for shoulder stock would be tempting!
V
If you like Dragoons with cut for shoulder stock look at this: https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-M...olt-Dragoon-Revolvers/lotInformation/44373440

Actually I wanted to buy the one from Cherry's but your export regulations are getting worse every day. Only for the export license and my import fees here in Germany I have to add more then the price of the gun. That total is much more then such gun is worth here. :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts