Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Louisville the second largest gun show? How many tables? Do they have a website? Show dates?

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
kevin, based on my limited experience it`s a big one. show dates are feb 23-26. i dont know the table count but did find this ph 513-523-3574 on google. good luck with the hunt!! caution: when in ky and you ask for or are offered a drink and someone hands you a mason jar of clear liquid, SIP a little before taking that first gulp /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif it may not be water.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Don't know about second largest, but it is certainly a good one (1650 tables). It is a good collector show typically with a lot of high dollar items. The admission does NOT cover both the militaria show and the gun show. The Show of Shows is billed as the largest militaria show. Anyway, the Louisville National Gun Day Show is and has been an excellent show. I try to attend at least once a year. It is held three times per year, but the militaria show is not next door for each date.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have vacation to burn. It looks like I'm going to Louisville. I spoke to a man that said this show is a "gun on every table" gun show....not a "non-gun on every other table" gun show. Maybe I'll see some of you there.

I've heard about the devils water....nasty drink. I stay away from anything that puts out a blue flame. I'll stick with the Jack.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I think I may make that one as well. What are the regulations for purchasing out of state? Is it mandated by the state the purchase was made in or the state in which the purchaser lives?

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
you may buy long guns in ky. if your state borders ky. handguns must be transfered to an ffl in your state{there will be dealers from ohio there}if you hold a c&r you can buy out of state handguns that qualify on it.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Over the years, I have spent more money at the Louisville show than any other. I don't make the Tulsa show which is larger. The Louisville show is mostly guns. Oh, you'll find the usual junk, but it centainly does not dominate. The big dealers typically attend the Louisville show. Last year I missed seeing one gun that later sold on gun broker that I really wanted. It's hard to see everything. There are always lots of Colts. It is not uncommon to see guns for $20K there.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
No I haven't gone to one of the Knob Creek machine gun shoots. I hear that they are really a lot of fun! They used to schedule them for the same weekends as the National Gun Day Show. When is the next one scheduled?

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
belive it`s april around the middle. i`ll look it up and post the date later. it`s a pretty good show if your a die hard gun nut like me.me and my sons try to go at least once a year.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Knob Creek is April 6-9. Heres a link to the web site.
http://www.knobcreekrange.com/index.html
The firing line is quite a sight for a first time visitor. There's also a fair sized gun show , but it's situated near one end of the firing line, so be sure to take along some ear protection. The gun show is mostly full auto and military stuff, but it's one of the cheapest places on the face of the earth to by bulk ammo.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
ohiobuckeye sums it up pretty well.be prepared to walk as parking is distant unless you get there early.just about every type of class 3 weapon will be there so bring your video camera{they charge you 5$ extra but it`s worth it} you can rent guns down on the lower range it`s not cheap but it is FUN.the absolute coolest gun i ever saw there was a full auto shotgun with drum mag.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts