Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I ordered them 6 months ago and imagine my surprise today when they announce they are going to be available off the shelf.....oh well not the first time I've been kicked in the balls.....but I hope it is the last time 😂 😂 😂
LOL you have a Colt Custom Shop built from the ground up with barrels custom made. The production 3in guns are not the same by any means. People need to understand Colt builds very very few full customs and you have 2.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Radicalrod may have the two lowest serial number 3" Pythons from the new production guns. I doubt it will end up being a kick in the balls.
You would be mistaken on your incorrect assumption. READ The label on the box. It say's CCS and those are a from the ground up custom-built revolver. That is a stone-cold fact.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I don’t know what the fascination is for short barreled 44’s / 45’s. Maybe it’s just me but I like long barreled guns chambered in 44 /45 and up. 38/357 and smaller, I’m ok with short barrels. To get the most potential from the cartridge, the barrel must correspond To the cartridge. I’ve owned and shot 4” and shorter 44’s and they are not fun. Brutal. I’ll probably get some flack for this but I guess each to his own.
PS: Large bore short barreled handguns are mean looking. Maybe I’m missing the scare thought Here. Never have to fire a shot. Ha Ha.
LOL this is what I carry most of the time have a couple built by Marc with Gemini Customs like this. if you think the 44 is brutal this makes a 44 seem tame. ;) Yes, I do have a special Colt Anaconda built by the CCS that will be used more in the field this spring when I am carrying a lot more at the ranch but when Colt makes the Anaconda in a 454 I will be a happy guy!!
Material property Font Auto part Personal protective equipment Electric blue

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Ammunition

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Gold beads are common. I use gold beads for all of my custom builds except for Colts from the CCW. They use brass on the guns that they offer a "gold bead" for. I use gold because it does not tarnish.

On my 3in Python will be leaving the red ramp on with the only change being the grips. Ordering the holster Monday. Going with a Kramer Shark MSP Paddle for the one I will carry.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I was wondering if you had specified something custom like you did with your Anaconda...though seeing a Python without a vented rib and underlug could be considered blasphemy.
This one is a production gun that is the perfect carry size for me. Got it out to take a pic and it is very very well balanced!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Anyone else seen these in stock anywhere possibly? Called over 50 gun stores on Colts website that show them being dealers. I’d say 8 of them aren’t in business anymore. Approximately 15 didn’t even know what I was talking about, stated that they hadn’t been a colt dealer for years, and out of the approximately 27 left, 8-10 of them didn’t even know colt made a new 3 inch python. I had one guy say “buddy them ant been made for 30 years, good luck”. I called all stores surrounding Hartford Connecticut and surrounding states besides Massachusetts. Still at a dead end. I’m needing one to review.
Sorry not going to let you borrow any of mine. :)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
So stopped at LGS and asked if he could order me a 3” Python and he said. It’ll be about 1800-2000 he recommended Gunbroker and I said I’ll wait. he recommended I wait 1-2 years.
Do not understand that comment about waiting 1-2 years.... Just keep your eye out and one will pop up sooner than later.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
That is funny, because as I found yesterday, the 4.25” is a lot easier to control and shoot accurately with normal power .357 magnum ammunition than the 3”. The 3” blast and fireball was truly something to behold, and the sight radius loss was noticeable. Balance on the 4.25 was better as well.

It was just fine with .38 spl +P, but sort of pointless.

I get the appeal of the 3” on a “object desirability” level, but honestly have no plan to get a 3” after that experience.

Mind you I’m a shooter, not a collector. Collector types will love these things.
I guess some folks really think that the 3in Python has fierce a MB and a fireball. I carry Gemini Customs in 454 this will make your glasses jump on the bridge of your nose!;) I guess it is all about what you get used to but yes most on this site I have noticed are sensitive to MB and recoil.

Material property Font Auto part Personal protective equipment Electric blue

1 - 20 of 23 Posts