Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
The custom revolvers (with custom finish and custom roll marks) are great, but honestly, off topic to the actual news that Colt is producing a 3”, off-the-shelf Python.

I do like the fact that a correct-height brass bead patridge sight does exist, though, and sure hope it becomes available.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Surprises me that they haven't made other sights more available. The tritium and fiber optic sights that do fit seem to be pretty hard to come by, and they're the wrong height for the Python. Want to get one for my King Cobra (not seeing the brass bead very well). Would love tritium on the Python too, but those are about ⅛ inch or so low. You'd think by now they would make several options available.

I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing the production 3" Pythons hit (and leave) the shelves?
Well, I wonder how many Python buyers, like me, actually carry and shoot them enough to want different sight options in the first place.

The fact that they have been selling the incorrect, too-short FO sights with relatively few complaints tells me that:

1.) Some (most?) buyers don’t even know it’s wrong (not ONE user on this forum has ever responded to questions about the actual POI-POA issue caused by those blades) and-
2.) Not enough people appear to care.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Kind of sucks to pay custom shop prices and now it will be available.
Nonsense. Given the desirability of those unique pieces, it’s quite likely that the people who commissioned those revolvers will see a fourfold return on their investment- or more.

It’s great news for those of us who actually shoot the things.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hmm to each their own I suppose but in my opinion Colt would be better served by introducing new .22LR revolver. I simply don't see the pull of 3" revolver. If I would everyday carry I would choose something from a huge number of cheaper plastic striker fired firearms. Not $1500 revolver limited to 6 bullets. If design stays the same as 4.25" and 6" then rear sights alone would make me notwant to carry. The damn thing looks like in can disintegrate just by sitting in its own box ;P
I’ve put a couple thousand rounds through two separate 4.25” Pythons without a single sight issue of any kind (or any other issue, for that matter). And I am sure Colt will sell every single 3” Python they can make.

What is your personal experience with the Python that leads to your comment about the sight?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Anyone else seen these in stock anywhere possibly? Called over 50 gun stores on Colts website that show them being dealers. I’d say 8 of them aren’t in business anymore. Approximately 15 didn’t even know what I was talking about, stated that they hadn’t been a colt dealer for years, and out of the approximately 27 left, 8-10 of them didn’t even know colt made a new 3 inch python. I had one guy say “buddy them ant been made for 30 years, good luck”. I called all stores surrounding Hartford Connecticut and surrounding states besides Massachusetts. Still at a dead end. I’m needing one to review.
If I were a colt dealer and knew who you were, I wouldn’t sell you one, either ;)

In my opinion, you have done Colt a great disservice with your videos.

·
Registered
115 Posts
GoldenWebb,
I think you tried to milk an isolated problem with your Python into as much clickbait as possible hot on the heels of the biggest new Colt product launch in a long long time and considering your most watched video is titled “MY NEW 2020 COLT PYTHON IS JUNK!!!!” I’d say that’s an accurate assessment on my part. By all means, grow your YouTube channel however you wish but the people on the forum are not fools and are passionate about Colt and Colt products so I doubt you will find many people sympathetic to you on this forum.
Precisely my sentiment as well. Very well said.

·
Registered
115 Posts
That is funny, because as I found yesterday, the 4.25” is a lot easier to control and shoot accurately with normal power .357 magnum ammunition than the 3”. The 3” blast and fireball was truly something to behold, and the sight radius loss was noticeable. Balance on the 4.25 was better as well.

It was just fine with .38 spl +P, but sort of pointless.

I get the appeal of the 3” on a “object desirability” level, but honestly have no plan to get a 3” after that experience.

Mind you I’m a shooter, not a collector. Collector types will love these things.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you're planning on cc the 3 inch with service stocks would be great. Your target rage would be 2-10 yds. and believe me you won't notice the sight radius. I have a 3 inch S&W 586 L frame that woks great for that purpose. Target shooting would of course be a different story
I’m very impressed that you can predict my target range for anything. Can you also let me know tomorrow’s winning lottery number? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts