Colt Forum banner
181 - 200 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
BusaDave, ohh. Boo hoo! Ha ha. Nice looking firearm. How low is SN?

Travis
The SN is in line with all of the other Pythons so SN is of no consequence as they are mixed in. There is not a special SN for the 3in's. Starts with PY then 6 numbers.

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
Sorry have not wiped the oil residue off yet ;)

View attachment 767563
I was wondering if you had specified something custom like you did with your Anaconda...though seeing a Python without a vented rib and underlug could be considered blasphemy.

Reactions: Buickgsman

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
I wonder how colt settled on a three inch versus a two and a half inch version? And why not offer a small frame fitting service grip. Either is fine by me though.
The availability of original Python gold medallion service stocks may soon take a nose-dive with an attendant increase in values. Too bad way back when Colt didn't make the Python snubbies with a round butt with stocks designed for them. It had to have been a doable proposition since they made some round butt E-frames previously but maybe not considered a good financial proposition.

Reactions: Garandster

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I was wondering if you had specified something custom like you did with your Anaconda...though seeing a Python without a vented rib and underlug could be considered blasphemy.
This one is a production gun that is the perfect carry size for me. Got it out to take a pic and it is very very well balanced!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
wow 2 of them... where are you guys getting two... I just want to get my hands on one of those beauties. Magna ported yes!!!!

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
Sportsman's Warehouse only has 4.25" and 6" Pythons and 3" King Cobras...every other Colt shows out of stock.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I purchased all my new Pythons from sportmans warehouse but I checked and they do not even have it listed yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone else seen these in stock anywhere possibly? Called over 50 gun stores on Colts website that show them being dealers. I’d say 8 of them aren’t in business anymore. Approximately 15 didn’t even know what I was talking about, stated that they hadn’t been a colt dealer for years, and out of the approximately 27 left, 8-10 of them didn’t even know colt made a new 3 inch python. I had one guy say “buddy them ant been made for 30 years, good luck”. I called all stores surrounding Hartford Connecticut and surrounding states besides Massachusetts. Still at a dead end. I’m needing one to review.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Anyone else seen these in stock anywhere possibly? Called over 50 gun stores on Colts website that show them being dealers. I’d say 8 of them aren’t in business anymore. Approximately 15 didn’t even know what I was talking about, stated that they hadn’t been a colt dealer for years, and out of the approximately 27 left, 8-10 of them didn’t even know colt made a new 3 inch python. I had one guy say “buddy them ant been made for 30 years, good luck”. I called all stores surrounding Hartford Connecticut and surrounding states besides Massachusetts. Still at a dead end. I’m needing one to review.
If I were a colt dealer and knew who you were, I wouldn’t sell you one, either ;)

In my opinion, you have done Colt a great disservice with your videos.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Sorry not going to let you borrow any of mine. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
If I were a colt dealer and knew who you were, I wouldn’t sell you one, either ;)

In my opinion, you have done Colt a great disservice with your videos.
So by showing what happened to my python and giving a play by play of what colt done while having my python in their possession is doing a disservice? While also still reviewing their products and showing the positives and negatives of each? How is that a disservice?

181 - 200 of 312 Posts