Colt Forum banner
181 - 200 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
12,258 Posts
Sorry have not wiped the oil residue off yet ;)

View attachment 767563
I was wondering if you had specified something custom like you did with your Anaconda...though seeing a Python without a vented rib and underlug could be considered blasphemy.

Reactions: Buickgsman

·
Registered
12,258 Posts
I wonder how colt settled on a three inch versus a two and a half inch version? And why not offer a small frame fitting service grip. Either is fine by me though.
The availability of original Python gold medallion service stocks may soon take a nose-dive with an attendant increase in values. Too bad way back when Colt didn't make the Python snubbies with a round butt with stocks designed for them. It had to have been a doable proposition since they made some round butt E-frames previously but maybe not considered a good financial proposition.

Reactions: Garandster

·
Registered
12,258 Posts
Sportsman's Warehouse only has 4.25" and 6" Pythons and 3" King Cobras...every other Colt shows out of stock.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone else seen these in stock anywhere possibly? Called over 50 gun stores on Colts website that show them being dealers. I’d say 8 of them aren’t in business anymore. Approximately 15 didn’t even know what I was talking about, stated that they hadn’t been a colt dealer for years, and out of the approximately 27 left, 8-10 of them didn’t even know colt made a new 3 inch python. I had one guy say “buddy them ant been made for 30 years, good luck”. I called all stores surrounding Hartford Connecticut and surrounding states besides Massachusetts. Still at a dead end. I’m needing one to review.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Anyone else seen these in stock anywhere possibly? Called over 50 gun stores on Colts website that show them being dealers. I’d say 8 of them aren’t in business anymore. Approximately 15 didn’t even know what I was talking about, stated that they hadn’t been a colt dealer for years, and out of the approximately 27 left, 8-10 of them didn’t even know colt made a new 3 inch python. I had one guy say “buddy them ant been made for 30 years, good luck”. I called all stores surrounding Hartford Connecticut and surrounding states besides Massachusetts. Still at a dead end. I’m needing one to review.
If I were a colt dealer and knew who you were, I wouldn’t sell you one, either ;)

In my opinion, you have done Colt a great disservice with your videos.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Sorry not going to let you borrow any of mine. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
If I were a colt dealer and knew who you were, I wouldn’t sell you one, either ;)

In my opinion, you have done Colt a great disservice with your videos.
So by showing what happened to my python and giving a play by play of what colt done while having my python in their possession is doing a disservice? While also still reviewing their products and showing the positives and negatives of each? How is that a disservice?

181 - 200 of 417 Posts