Colt Forum banner
221 - 240 of 317 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
i seen a few up more pop up on gun broker all of the lgs near me said it’s going be a while before they can get one , all of them have been allocated. i seen gumprime had a few in stock.
OMG, there are two on Gun Broker with absolutely absurd buy now prices: $6,000 and $6,995.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i agee give the manufacturer a chance to do it right on their products. i have had issues with firearms in the past from colt but i was never charged a penny to get it fixed and the turnaround was less than a month, i have had and own many colts. im sure if anyone has issues just reach out colt customer service and they will be able help out. a few years back there use to be a colt rep on the forums who helped out immensely i just wish someone from colt now follow in brent footsteps.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Quality makes it a Colt right, that use to be so true but not so much anymore. I'd cut Golden Webb some slack. How many here remember the Single Action Army recall debacle. Colt issued a recall for defective frames. I bought one just before the recall that had stunning case colors but they requested it be sent back and I did. After months of waiting many received replacements only to discover Colt has recycled numbered parts from recalled SAAs. So a lot of us got a supposed new revolver with mismatched parts. I think I was the first forum member to bring that up. So Colt sent me a 2'nd replacement that had a bad barrel with rifling that was cut with a broker cutter. Finally I got my final replacement that had case colors that looked like something Ruger did. needless to say that was the last Colt I bought for awhile.
Fast forward to the release of the new Python and I like most was enamored by the new release. But owing to my SAA experience I decided to wait a year before buying one in case there were some bugs to work out. And bugs there were upsetting many new owners. The Colt company I knew in the 60s/70s would never let their flagship revolver out the door without making sure it was free of bugs. I watched Golden Webbs video along with others like Hickok 45 and I would be upset also if I shelled out big money for a revolver that didn't work.
Colt of today is a shadow of its former self but being a Colt fan all my life I hope that CZ can bring Colt back to its former glory. All to many YouTube reviewers get perks from manufacturers and distributors alike. I think its refreshing when YouTubers like Golden Webb share their honest opinions good or bad about their experience with a product, and so I try to keep an open mind.
I own a late 4.25" Python that thankfully seems to be trouble free so far, and I plan on buying a 3" python when I can find one at my local stocking dealer.
I've had to return Rugers and Smith & Wessons back to the factory but they unlike Colt both have stellar customer service. Now that Colt is owned by CZ perhaps their CS will mirror CZs, here's hoping.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Looks like GOLDEN WEBB found one and put it up for auction......
Yeah I saw that too. I never heard of the guy until a week ago and he seems to rub everyone the wrong way.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well Damn! Colt doesn't look like they want to sell new stuff in CA since the Anaconda never made it on the stupid safe handgun list so this 3" incher probably won't either. Grrr! good thing my daughter moved to Texas so she can buy me presents ;)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I get a kick out of the Gun Broker "Buy it Now" prices. I have sold on GunBroker and it is a great venue for selling because of the exposure. I usually wait to buy though at one of my LGSs as they will eventually have what I want. And just like the 6" & 4.25" Pythons prices will stabilize in time. Imagine if Colt comes out with a 22 LR Diamondback next or a 45 Colt Anaconda. And of course we all know a 4.25" Anaconda is in the works.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Had to pay big big money to get one just to review. Attempting to get what I paid for it back, or if not at least make as much back on it as I can. I did not get it at MSRP, if I had, it’d be going in the safe. Review will be up soon.
Your ad doesn't say used but NIB.....how did you do a review if it is still NIB ?

·
Registered
11,817 Posts
No disrespect intended...but how can you do a thorough review without actually shooting it? If all that's being done is an overview...then what's the point? Shooters want to know whether a gun can not just look good but actually do what's it's designed to do...shoot and shoot well.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Here, I'll review it. It's beautiful- get one when you can and put a set of service stocks on to really make it right. Get one!

Attachments

221 - 240 of 317 Posts